Delicate Arch

Denali

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've recently had the opportunity to visit Arches National Park in Utah and was given the chance to enjoy some great scenery along with some great pictures to remember them with. I still relatively new to HDR photography and while I am in college, I don't really have alot of time to play around and experiment with the camera. However, I think I really got lucky with this shot as the lighting during the sunset hours were great. It was definitely worth the 3km hike to see this monument during sunset hours, and the memory will stay with me for quite a while. Anyways, I hope you guys will enjoy this and hopefully I can garner some C&C from people that have been doing this much longer than I have. :)

Camera: Nikon D5100
Lens: Rokinon 8mm Fisheye
Aperture: F3.5
Exposure: 1/125
HDR created with 3 shots differing by 2.0 EV
Processed in Photoshop CS5

Delicate Arch by YukunChen, on Flickr

I am still learning, so my question is a question, NOT critique... With the fisheye effect, seeing the true image does not look this way, how do I respond? I agree that it is too bright, but can be very nice!
I was in Arches NP early Oct and had cloudy skies, which made some great photos, but am glad you got sunshine :)
it is hard knowing I have seen the real thing, how do I let that go? The right side of photo is stretched ? Great photo angle, just not what I remember . .?
newbie Nancy

I think he was saying your colors are oversaturated not overexposed. I agree this image would work really well if you bring down the saturation. I would love to see the SOOC.

Most reactions

Back