Delicious treats!

FattyMcJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, it's been a while since I've submitted anything for C&C, so here goes...

1)
4600291637_2f34bddb30_o.jpg

2)
4600291677_604ca4cdf0_o.jpg

3)
4600909446_b553124fa2_o.jpg

Missed the focus on #3 a wee bit, but I liked the dynamic angle so I included it anyway.

Thanks for looking! :D

I like em a lot! How did you blow out the background for this particular shot?

I like the posing of the first shot, don't care for half eaten fruit though :)

The lighting is a bit harsh for me, ie. hot spots.

Did you try light from the back, reflector in the front ?

Cheers, Don

I like em a lot! How did you blow out the background for this particular shot?

Three clamp lights is all I used, with a while muslin fabric backdrop inside my DIY lightbox.

I like the posing of the first shot, don't care for half eaten fruit though :)

The lighting is a bit harsh for me, ie. hot spots.

Did you try light from the back, reflector in the front ?

Cheers, Don

Thanks Don, yeah, I wasn't sure about the bite taken out of the fruit but I wanted to show how juicy and tasty they were, yet cutting one in half seemed trite. Ideas? Or just leave the fruit intact?

I didn't try back light & reflector, I'll give that a shot next time. Just need to find some more fruit though, I ate all the strawberries! :lmao:

can you take a picture of your setup for us? Cause this is a really nice lighting setup, and the pictures are great! Thanks.

Yes, good idea on wetting the fruit. Try adding some glycerin, available at drug stores, to the water, which will make the water drops stay in place and not run. Use a quality atomizer or high quality spray bottle to apply the glycerin and water combo. I'd agree with Don that the partially eaten strawberry does not work--and as far as triteness, I think showing a clean,nice-looking knife and a cut in half berry might work,without being trite.

can you take a picture of your setup for us? Cause this is a really nice lighting setup, and the pictures are great! Thanks.

Same setup I've been using, 3 clamp lights and a DIY lightbox. It's not the best, but it works for my amateur self. :lol:

diylightbox1.jpg

diylightbox2.jpg

Yes, good idea on wetting the fruit. Try adding some glycerin, available at drug stores, to the water, which will make the water drops stay in place and not run. Use a quality atomizer or high quality spray bottle to apply the glycerin and water combo. I'd agree with Don that the partially eaten strawberry does not work--and as far as triteness, I think showing a clean,nice-looking knife and a cut in half berry might work,without being trite.

Killer tip! I'll look into the glycerin. I've always wondered how they got the water to stay lol

I'll see what I can do with some different fruit and a more complex arrangement soon, need to go shopping! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back