Denver Skyline mystery lights

majorpayne66

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out for my first night time photos. I took some of the Denver skyline. What are the lights in the sky? Dirt on the lens ?

1. TV=6 AV=5.0 ISO=100
3121356565_028c40c2a4.jpg

2. TV=20 AV=7.1 ISO=100
3121355591_2943016483.jpg

3. TV=4 AV=5.6 ISO=200
3122183300_950cdf8632.jpg

ghosting from your UV filter... to fix that take off the filter or get a better one.

Forest pixies spending a night "on the town". :)

I would assume it's internal lens reflections or something. Try different focal lengths and see if they move or dissapear.

hey ill give you 20 bucks for those pics :D woohooo national enquirer here i come :D

If you're shooting towards the foothills, from east aiming west, then it's lights on the foothills. The lights are consistent from one photo to another although to position of the shot changed. Makes one think the lights are real.

Was it cloudy or foggy? Perhaps it just the lights from the top of the building being reflected.

Last edited:
I would forward these images to MUFON. You might get an article written about you... :)

If you're shooting towards the foothills, from east aiming west, then it's lights on the foothills. The lights are consistent from one photo to another although to position of the shot changed. Makes one think the lights are real.

I was shooting towards the East, Mountains are West.

Was it cloudy or foggy? Perhaps it just the lights from the top of the building being reflected.

Clear night, Couple clouds maybe. Reflections from lights on top of building is my best idea, but reflecting off of what ?

What about the images in the sky in the first one and the green light in the third one?
Other then that they are consistent.

Most reactions

Back