Der Fotograf

Bryan Conner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a recent image of mine. It was taken at a big annual celebration in the city I live in. I really like all of the different facial expressions and the fact that there are multiple cameras in the image. Der Fotograf is "The Photographer" in English, actually, it is "the male photographer". Any constructive critiques or suggestions are always welcome.

346md5f.jpg

First off, the image is overexposed by at least one stop. Your PP has emphasized the overblown whites big time. Most of the crowd's faces are so white, you have lost all detail.

Next time, shoot faster on your shutter.

Nice try, but the image was not over exposed. I purposefully processed the image to arrive at the high contrast appearance of the final image. The background, including people, is also blurred with a soft glow added, which adds to the effect. For clarification, below is the original resized, converted raw file. If you want to take a stab at critiquing exposure, you should always look at the original instead of a heavily processed image.

2ibffxx.jpg

I like the character of the subject. IMO it would benefit greatly by blurring out the crowd so he stands out. They are distracting.

ok so.. you purposely overblow whites and what... call me out for noticing it??

#1 How about not posting images on the internet if you don't want people commenting on them?

#2 How about not purposely making an ok original look like crap and then being a dick to somene who comments they don't like it?

#3 How about re-reading Question #1 again before even thinking about answering Question #2?

Nice try indeed...

Want critique on your original? Ok...

LOL whites are still overblown

Main subject ; your photographer, is out of focus

Way way way too busy background ; including the kid in front who obviously has better places to be

This is a snapshot at best... I don't care how you process it

Oh and just one more point : Over 70 views, only 2 comment and they both are more con than pro. Ever think maybe, for a second, that your shot just isn't as good as you think it is??

If you want to take a stab at posting images on the netzors, try understanding you're on an open forum and people are going to comment. Don't like people's comments = don't post on the netzors

Last edited:
ok so.. you purposely overblow whites and what... call me out for noticing it??

#1 How about not posting images on the internet if you don't want people commenting on them?

#2 How about not purposely making an ok original look like crap and then being a dick to somene who comments they don't like it?

#3 How about re-reading Question #1 again before even thinking about answering Question #2?

Nice try indeed...

Want critique on your original? Ok...

LOL whites are still overblown

Main subject ; your photographer, is out of focus

Way way way too busy background ; including the kid in front who obviously has better places to be

This is a snapshot at best... I don't care how you process it

Oh and just one more point : Over 70 views, only 2 comment and they both are more con than pro. Ever think maybe, for a second, that your shot just isn't as good as you think it is??

If you want to take a stab at posting images on the netzors, try understanding you're on an open forum and people are going to comment. Don't like people's comments = don't post on the netzors

In addition to all of the above with which I agree, I must add the composition is rather confusing.

I corrected you for incorrectly stating that I had over exposed the image and needed to "Next time, shoot faster on your shutter".

#1. How about not commenting on the internet when you are going to over react when someone corrects a false assumption of yours?

#2. How about taking a different approach to critiquing images? The points in the middle are good, valid points. But, your first and last statements were false. The first impression and the last impression you make are the ones that are the most valuable in life, even in critiquing an image on a photo forum.

#3. How about re-reading my reply to you and noticing that I did not call you a "dick" or any other part of the human anatomy. Unless, you were mistaken and thought my name was Richard.

#4 I never stated that I believed that this shot was gold. I only said "I really like all of the different facial expressions and the fact that there are multiple cameras in the image.". I never stated that it was not a snap-shot or anything more. As a matter of fact, it was a snap-shot. You are correct on that one. It was during a 2.5 hour parade where I took a little over 400 shots. And this was the only one of the photographer. Reread my quote above, I like the facial expressions. And, your point of the faces having no detail is a good one that I will use to make improvements in the image. Thanks.

You never HAVE to be a prick, it is a choice that you make. Just say no.

I see that it was my mistake not to state in the original post that this is a snap-shot. I was at a parade, squished in between other spectators with no room to move at all.

I corrected you for incorrectly stating that I had over exposed the image and needed to "Next time, shoot faster on your shutter".

#1. How about not commenting on the internet when you are going to over react when someone corrects a false assumption of yours?

#2. How about taking a different approach to critiquing images? The points in the middle are good, valid points. But, your first and last statements were false. The first impression and the last impression you make are the ones that are the most valuable in life, even in critiquing an image on a photo forum.

#3. How about re-reading my reply to you and noticing that I did not call you a "dick" or any other part of the human anatomy. Unless, you were mistaken and thought my name was Richard.

#4 I never stated that I believed that this shot was gold. I only said "I really like all of the different facial expressions and the fact that there are multiple cameras in the image.". I never stated that it was not a snap-shot or anything more. As a matter of fact, it was a snap-shot. You are correct on that one. It was during a 2.5 hour parade where I took a little over 400 shots. And this was the only one of the photographer. Reread my quote above, I like the facial expressions. And, your point of the faces having no detail is a good one that I will use to make improvements in the image. Thanks.

You never HAVE to be a prick, it is a choice that you make. Just say no.

Well you did over-react. It is impossible to tell whether a photo is overexposed or incorrectly processed, which this one is.

No.

Der Streit, that's what "the argument" is in German. :greenpbl:

Fun shot. I think you did a fine job here, and if it's good for you, then it's great by me.

-

i like the idea of the shot though you did overblow the whites a bit too much for my taste, but as you said that was on purpose and it's your photo not mine ;) and as the saying goes, the photographer is always right :Joker:

Most reactions

Back