Describe that special moment when you wish you had a camera.

Poza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For me it was when i was walking with my girlfreind down the promenade close to my home and she walked on ahead and behind her was a rainbow sunset and the sun rays beamed through her hair and the clouds coarsed over her head like vines stretching across the sky and at that moment it was the most beautiful moment i had ever witnessed, the rainbow stretched across the sky and seemed to explode in a flurry of color, life, and vibrancy against the pale pavement and promenade. Her rosy cheeks flourished in the complimenting sun and i just wish to this moment i had a camera and could just share that special moment with you all.

Whats your special moment that you just wish you had a camera on hand?

When my husband and I were sitting in his brand new 2010 Kia Soul, with the ignition running to warm up the car on the cold Winter day, while playing with the iPad that we had just bought moments before. Especially for the part where I started to smell smoke and opened my passenger side door just in time for the lighting around the speaker to catch on fire. We had to call 911. It was a good time... and I didn't have my camera and my *phone* freakin died seconds after so I couldn't even get shoddy shots with it. I was ticked about that. :lol:

At a Muse concert. Strong pink light streaming from the stage, backlighting the crowd, Bellamy's guitar shooting a beam of light out, huge beach-balls bouncing around the crowd... It was an amazing concert and there was a particular few seconds where it all seemed to 'peak' and if I'd been shooting it... wow.

There was this time in Mexico...I met a group of young ladies from California and tequila made their clothes fall off. Wish I had had a camera. ;)

Every time an alien space ship buzzes me. :lmao: I think of those old Nikon ads of the fuzzy locke ness monster picture. If a Nikon had been used . . . :lol:

Since I travel so much for work, it happens to me all the time. I don't have it, or I can't get to it quick. Or what useually happens is, I will have my travel gear, and want some of my good gear. Thats happened quite a few times.

But the one that sticks out was a work trip to Germany. I was only to be there a day or two. But the schedule changed and I had to take the train into downtown Cologne to buy some clothes (airline lost my luggage). Anyway I took the train into town and walked out the station. Boom this huge beautiful cathedral was right there. If a camera or electronic store had been in my sight I would have gone and bought a camera.

Almost every time I don't!

I actually had my camera, but an inappropriate lens attached :(

I was walking home from work with my camera as always, and in their usual spot over Wandsworth Bridge (London), hundreds of starlings were doing their aerial dance and I stopped to watch them, then the birds split into two groups and a Peregrine Falcon burst through the middle of them. I tried in vain to get a decent shot through my 50mm lens, but got nothing but dots on a white background. I was GUTTED! It was just close enough to get a decent enough shot with my 200mm, but decided that day just to stick with the 50mm. Although even if I'd had it with me, I'd have never changed it in time.

hundreds of starlings were doing their aerial dance and I stopped to watch them
That's an outrageous sight, I only witnessed it for the first time quite recently. So they're starlings, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it had been two days ago. It was when I spotted a blue bird that landed on a branch of a tree that didn't have any leaves. It was perched on there and the angle that I was standing in, I saw it right underneath the sun that was covered why the clouds, creating an illusion that it was about to rain. It was the perfect moment for a camera. It was too bad that I was just jogging at the time so I didn't have my camera....

Most reactions

Back