Desert & Mountains

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woke up to a bit of snow this morning. Had to drive about 8 miles to catch it properly:

720-mtns-m.jpg

Edge of Mojave Desert in foreground, San Gabriel Mountains (Angeles National Forest far off (10-12 miles).

Yeah we've been seeing the snowy mountains from here too.. Which is odd since we live so close to the ocean. (we don't normally see the mountains from here)

I like the picture, nice and clear.

Yeah we've been seeing the snowy mountains from here too.. Which is odd since we live so close to the ocean. (we don't normally see the mountains from here)

I like the picture, nice and clear.

Thanks Robbie. I grew up on your side, in Ontario though, closer to the mountains. In the winter we'd go down to the beach a lot. I remember a few times I'd see the mountains on the way back when they had snow on them. Usually after a storm when the air was super-clean and fresh snow on 'em.

i love the colours, they compliment each other nicely. There's some nice contrasting textures here too

i love the colours, they compliment each other nicely. There's some nice contrasting textures here too

Thank you. I think the contrast is accentuated by the deep valley at between the rolling canyons and the mountains beyond. The 'Cajon Pass' drops a little over 1,000 feet from the edge of the desert. I think the complimentary part of it is due to these two entities (mountains and desert) were part of each other before being ripped away from each other by the San Andreas fault, 8-10 million years ago.

The area is like one of my playgrounds- that will be disappearing in the years to come. The night before I was out there watching the storm clouds well up in the valley at sunset. Sunset was crummy, but I shot this;

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106766

Two words - absolutely Gorgeous!

Oooo, lovely capture there! Fresh snow in the sunlight is so beautiful. And the detail in the far off mountain range is very pretty.

Most reactions

Back