Desert Plains

As a side note that may be of interest to any desert rats that may be lurking-

I'm using this on my Creosote bush scrub habitat page on my site;

http://mojavedesert.net/desert-habitats/creosote-bush-scrub.html

Pretty cool doc-shot I think although it is little tiny.

Creosote bush, the darker, larger plants in the shot (about mid-shot and back) are thought to be some of the oldest living things in the world. There's one in particular (King Clone) that through cloning itself is thought to be between 9,000-11,500 years old.

More about the creosote bush here;

http://mojavedesert.net/plants/shrubs/creosote.html

Either way, it is a great shot with everything in it to add interest to the picture! Beautiful place!

gr,
Roger

As a side note that may be of interest to any desert rats that may be lurking-

I count myself a member of that group, of the Chihuahuan part of the family.

The smell of greasewood after a rain... Nothing like it!

Wooooah great picture

Thanks

Either way, it is a great shot with everything in it to add interest to the picture! Beautiful place!

gr,
Roger

Thank you- I really like it myself, it seems that if it were any different and didn't have everything it has, it'd suck.

I count myself a member of that group, of the Chihuahuan part of the family.

The smell of greasewood after a rain... Nothing like it!

It's a good group. I'm sure you know this, but I'll use it as an opportunity to reveal the secret to the rest of the world; If you miss the smell in a dry season, just cup your hands around the leaves, rub and take a whiff. Smells just like the rain.

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

Missed this 'til I saw it as a PotM nom and came looking for it. Wow, what an awesome shot!!! The colours really grab you, the rainbow is so vibrant, and you really feel drawn into the shot. Incredibly well done.

Awesome capture! How did I miss this one?

Thanks!

Missed this 'til I saw it as a PotM nom and came looking for it. Wow, what an awesome shot!!! The colours really grab you, the rainbow is so vibrant, and you really feel drawn into the shot. Incredibly well done.

Thank you Anti.

Great! Cant wait to see. :)

I'm very anxious. I'm trying Death Valley in two weeks and have a couple other locations lined up in March and April as well as some renegade forays and sorties in between. The 4x4 is running great and I'm hoping I'm reaching some kind of artistic something or other. With the economy absolutely and totally sucking I have nothing better to do. My glass is finally half-full.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back