Desert Reflections

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. Days are getting shorter around here, i got there just in time to catch the last of the sunshine on these cliff walls...
desertreflections_7949share.jpg

2. Shooting into the sun = blown sky.
IMG_7980compositeshare.jpg

3. this is about the time I got swarmed with mosquitos...
IMG_7973bwshare.jpg

4. Pretty much eaten alive by the blood suckers by this shot...
IMG_8020sharebw.jpg

5. another shot of this canyon/gorge/ditch at sunset this time... 1/30" @ F9
desertreflections_7962share.jpg

6. Losing light fast, 1/3" @ F7.1
IMG_8005share.jpg

7. One last shot before hiking out in the dark, 13" @ F8.
IMG_8026share.jpg

8. My Jeep in front of the Bradshaws... on the way there.
IMG_7933share.jpg

Nice shots. I like 1, 5 & 6 the most. Good comp.

The Bradshaws? Named after the guy who built the Bradshaw trail (San Bernardino-Prescott-Sedonna- etc.)?

Mind if I ask what part of Az you are in?- I think the Bradshaws are between Phoenix and Prescott somewhere? Can't find my map. BTW, I found a map to the Lost Dutchman's Mine- Then I lost it, but I think I remember where it was (the mine). I originally found the map in a used book I bought (What are the odds?).

abraxas said:
Nice shots. I like 1, 5 & 6 the most. Good comp.

The Bradshaws? Named after the guy who built the Bradshaw trail (San Bernardino-Prescott-Sedonna- etc.)?

Mind if I ask what part of Az you are in?- I think the Bradshaws are between Phoenix and Prescott somewhere? Can't find my map. BTW, I found a map to the Lost Dutchman's Mine- Then I lost it, but I think I remember where it was (the mine). I originally found the map in a used book I bought (What are the odds?).

Not sure about the Bradshaw trail, although I'm sure its prolly the same guy. I'm in Phoenix (North). I know Senator Highway (basically a 4x4 trail) goes from Prescott to Crown King across the Bradshaw Mountains. We jeeped that one day and then back out to I-17, but there is a Crown King road that comes back into Lake Pleasant (rough 4x4 trail). I have driven both legs of that trip on separate occasions. There is a lot of history up in those hills (mines & ghost towns), i wish I knew more about it all and/or had more time to explore up there.

The LD's mine is on the other side of town in the Superstions. I don't know much about the history behind that story either, always seemed like an urban myth. I say find that map and go find yourself some gold! (and just hope you don't fall off the face of the Earth like the Dutchman). :D

Ha, I am happy for you that you made it there just in time for that first photo shown in your series. To me, this one looks just like PERFECT timing!! :D Very nicely done.

Then I also love the colours in #5, and I am surprised at how much DOF f9 gives you!

thanks corinna, F9 is about as high as I go. Anything higher than F11 and I get really bad spots, I still haven't cleaned my sensor... i'm scared. :(

Excellent stuff man. What a great place to photograph.

What beautiful shots. My faves are also 1, 5 & 6. Way to go, braving the skeeters for your friends at TPF!!

These are great shots. Arizona would be a great place to live. I would never take time to work...would be to busy out looking for this beautiful scenery..Although I could not do it the justice you did..........

Most reactions

Back