Design Flaw in the D3100

I would enjoy your d5100, after all you have a year with Nikon and can extend that year out if you feel compelled. Don't think something will happen .... Just take pictures and enjoy your camera, you will be happier this way.

I am enjoying it as well as all of the obtuse comments that have spawned from my asking for advice. I should have listened to the 30 year Photogs at my local camera shop and stayed away from the big bad sacrastic interweb.

Anyway I can cancel my account on here?

As pixmedic mentioned, no, an account can not be "cancelled"...that very question came up less than two weeks ago, and one of the moderators, LaFoto AKA Corinna in real life,(or was it Terri???) stated that no, accounts on TPF are never cancelled...since it would adversely affect searches,etc.. Users who become disenchanted are free to simply stop posting, and their threads will slowly, or rapidly as the case may be, fade into the woodwork.

I would enjoy your d5100, after all you have a year with Nikon and can extend that year out if you feel compelled. Don't think something will happen .... Just take pictures and enjoy your camera, you will be happier this way.

I am enjoying it as well as all of the obtuse comments that have spawned from my asking for advice. I should have listened to the 30 year Photogs at my local camera shop and stayed away from the big bad sacrastic interweb.

i dont think you can actually "cancel" an account. people just quit logging on. OR, you can message an admin about it.
not to sound "obtuse" or anything, but if you are this easily discouraged, I hope that your interest in photography is purely amateur for your own benefit. What you have gotten here is pretty tame actually, as this thread didn't have to be locked down by a Mod...and if you think what people say on the interwebs is bad, try dealing with actual paying clients....can be BRUTAL. sorry to see you go, but i would recommend hanging out a bit longer and toughing it out here. you will get more respect in the long run if you can suck it up and move on.

I shoot for the love of it. It's the funnest thing I have ever done. It's a hobby that I want to get better at, and I will. Not doing it for money. Did a maternity shoot at the lake yesterday for a friend's daughter and her husband. They offered me 2 paid shoots after that. I declined the money. Not confident enough for that.

You can't do that by yourself. The best way is to simply stop posting.

Aside from some snark, what has influenced your decision? About a week ago you were in complete agreement with this forum, and now you want to quit.

You're right. I was in complete agreement with this forum a week or so ago. I guess I expect too much civility out of people on the internet. It's just my personal choice not to expose myself to negativity. I can take the C&C because I ask for it and expect that. But when someone posts a genuine concern and half of the replies are helpful, and the other half are rude, well ... that just doesn't float my boat.

Aside from some snark, what has influenced your decision? About a week ago you were in complete agreement with this forum, and now you want to quit.

You're right. I was in complete agreement with this forum a week or so ago. I guess I expect too much civility out of people on the internet. It's just my personal choice not to expose myself to negativity. I can take the C&C because I ask for it and expect that. But when someone posts a genuine concern and half of the replies are helpful, and the other half are rude, well ... that just doesn't float my boat.

I just noticed you are a supporting member...hell, you might as well stick it out for the year. you paid for it. you sure aren't getting a refund.

TPF can be a rough place at times. I think you just made it through boot camp. You'll be fine from now on. This same,exact process has repeated itself many,many times. You're already a supporting member...why waste the money by leaving? Stick around, dude. Don't take the ball and go home!

like most of the internet the signal to noise ratio can be severe

but there is, like the rest of the net, some genuinely valuable info here

personally i just unsubscribe and delete any emails when a thread turns toxic

if you stay, i can say theres a good chance youll see a return on your investment

Gotta read between the lines, I mean, errr, posts...

Derrel said:
TPF can be a rough place at times. I think you just made it through boot camp. You'll be fine from now on. This same,exact process has repeated itself many,many times. You're already a supporting member...why waste the money by leaving? Stick around, dude. Don't take the ball and go home!

Never truer a word spoken. If you don't have thick skin, you certainly won't survive.

Haha that is true. I started an account here years ago, when I was new to photography, and posted my first images here for c&c. They were brutally honest, even on pics that I thought were good, and in the end it really improved my skills. Just don't take the criticism personally. Most people here aren't jerks, they are just honest.
I lost all of my login info last year in a computer crash, so this is my second account here. I enjoy the community here very much, and there is a wealth of information available from members way more experienced than myself.
That being said, utilize their experience, listen to their advice, and learn as you go along. In the end, my goal is to get better and better at photography as time goes on.

Many times photographers have one way of thinking ....their way, it is part of the creative process. I have been a photographer since the Nikon F days and after awhile you just digest it all and sort it out.....you keep in there!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back