desperate wedding photographer

he's not a big booming photographer with business tearing his doors down.

to my understanding he's just gotten started this year. Runs photographer as a side business while paying his way through his senior year of college.

why the slaps in the face because the guy isn't wildly successful and world famous with mountains of cash?

I also would never bring my customers into my financial issues, I agree with you all there.

but to point fingers at the guy because he isn't rolling in cash.., really?

and yes, there are others he could have turned to. He turned to my sister because they already were booked, so he offered her the deal FIRST.... You know that had you read my other post.

it's too bad there are so many skeptical and judgemental people. :-(

The thing is, as a professional wedding photographer you should have either cash on hand or a credit card with enough on it to purchase a FULL, basic camera setup should something happen on a shoot. That's why they are balking at you on this one. If it were such a great deal I'd tap into my emergency fund and repay it on the day when I got paid for that wedding.

The thing is, as a professional wedding photographer you should have either cash on hand or a credit card with enough on it to purchase a FULL, basic camera setup should something happen on a shoot. That's why they are balking at you on this one. If it were such a great deal I'd tap into my emergency fund and repay it on the day when I got paid for that wedding.

and i would agree with that. but not everyone is in those shoes.

my point is.. i posted a couple paragraphs about this particular situation and all of a sudden everyone is pointing fingers at the guy saying his business sucks because he doesnt have a thousand dollars cash on hand. no one here knows the rest of his situation. or all the details of why he called my sister instead of someone else, or why he didnt have the cash on hand, or what his business is like, or how much he has in the bank etc... but everyone wants to make their assumptions.

it honestly makes no differance to me what anyone thinks of the guy or his business. i don't know him. i've seen his photos. but i've never met him. your opinion of him has no bearing on me whatsoever.

but i really, REALLY, hate when people read a paragraph or two and then make judgements on people and how or what they should be doing.

or comments like: it's not like a thousand dollars is a lot of money...

tell that to the millions of homeless people.

it pisses me off when people get on a high horse and make rude comments like that because they have money.

i'll step away from this conversation now.. i shared a story, because i found it a little funny that the guy was desperate enough to do this, and my sister just happened to luck out on it. but i don't care to sit here and judge other people or listen to the be judge. sorry, not my style.

oh and crollo.. that's my sister.. go to hell.

It wouldn't have anything to do with your thread title. Would it?

But, you've been here long enough to know how this forum works.

Hey, if this method of doing business works for him, super!
Don't judge us because, as business owners, we find that in very poor taste.
Don't judge us because we DO use loans and lines of credit to buy equipment.
It's business, and that's how it works.
There are smart ways to use credit.

I could never bring myself to make deals with a customer, to buy equipment. It sends a message. Not a good one.
I also disagree with your comment about not telling your customers you are too busy. I do it all the time.
It gives me leverage. When they beg, I can charge more to accept the job. When they want rush jobs, I charge more.
Supply and demand pricing applies to more than just goods. It applies to time as well.
I've also built my business from taking every **** job that came in, to the point that I can be selective. I know what it's like to start with nothing.

So please don't judge us because our business morals go against what this struggling entrepreneur is doing.

and i would agree with that. but not everyone is in those shoes.

my point is.. i posted a couple paragraphs about this particular situation and all of a sudden everyone is pointing fingers at the guy saying his business sucks because he doesnt have a thousand dollars cash on hand. no one here knows the rest of his situation. or all the details of why he called my sister instead of someone else, or why he didnt have the cash on hand, or what his business is like, or how much he has in the bank etc... but everyone wants to make their assumptions.

it honestly makes no differance to me what anyone thinks of the guy or his business. i don't know him. i've seen his photos. but i've never met him. your opinion of him has no bearing on me whatsoever.

but i really, REALLY, hate when people read a paragraph or two and then make judgements on people and how or what they should be doing.

or comments like: it's not like a thousand dollars is a lot of money...

tell that to the millions of homeless people.

it pisses me off when people get on a high horse and make rude comments like that because they have money.

i'll step away from this conversation now.. i shared a story, because i found it a little funny that the guy was desperate enough to do this, and my sister just happened to luck out on it. but i don't care to sit here and judge other people or listen to the be judge. sorry, not my style.

oh and crollo.. that's my sister.. go to hell.

But didn't you just post here and expect to get opinions from us? You post the story-you get our thoughts on it. Kinda how it works around here, KWIM?

you are correct.

i posted a story regarding him being desperate enough to sahve a grand off a clients bill for 500 today.

i didn't expect comments referring to him as a thief.

and i certainly didnt expect comments about him having sex with my sister.

that's a far stretch even for this forum.

but, the comments about him.... hmmmmm... not sure why that upset me so much.. i don't even know the guy. and you're right, i did post the story, laughing at him myself.

I'm not going to sit here and judge a man by a few paragraphs, but yes, it does sound crazy and sketchy some would say.

But in the end, your sister got her wedding cheaper, he got his lens, and all of you have an off the wall story to tell.

Most reactions

Back