Detroit Train Station, critique welcome

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Old, historic train station building under renovation. Local uproar over glass replacement in building not matching period... Old lead windows people! handmade windows are not going to happen, just be thankful this crack/ methlab warehouse is now locked down like a prison. It only took three and a half years to get the drug manufacturers, addicts, and homeless out of here. Oh, that was an issue too....

b22a36a9bb33819613d0d2769f6573cc.jpg

be3c843e2b77b45acfa424bb61eb65f6.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow, that is a really cool building!

If it were me I would have shot it a different time if day, so to not get the sun fringe like that, made sure to get the entire building, and fixed the distortion.

Old, historic train station building under renovation. Local uproar over glass replacement in building not matching period... Old lead windows people! handmade windows are not going to happen, just be thankful this crack/ methlab warehouse is now locked down like a prison. It only took three and a half years to get the drug manufacturers, addicts, and homeless out of here. Oh, that was an issue too....

b22a36a9bb33819613d0d2769f6573cc.jpg

be3c843e2b77b45acfa424bb61eb65f6.jpg

I was working and had to skip lunch that day just to get those. I am working on a huge account near there and in the proposal stage. I will go back soon and do it in AM and bring my monopod just in case. I put a call in to someone to see if they can get me in there. Probably cost me though, the dirt ball works for the city development (city council) and owes me... Let's just say he is a scum bag and I will have to pay to get close/in, plus he hates white people.

I have photos of people shooting up, doing drugs, and other stuff in that building but I never put those on a PC but I have them on slide.

Look at the entrance... Crazy, Master Craftsmanship. Belgian and Italian immigrants. Those top windows are gonna be a nightmare for local artisans. Those will be last.

Sorry I am a crappy photographer... I am working hard on changing that.

Can't get the whole building, its on lockdown and under barbwire. I can only get what I can get... The barbed fence ruins it.
9d58dc44c70ddd3a5611bb9d64343e2b.jpg

e748b741953c9adbc5357ed7e8b1aeaa.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots! I've always loved that building. Would have loved to see the city in its prime. Spent 4 years in Detroit training down at the DMC. Spent many many many hours every week down in the heart of the city. One of the greatest learning experiences of my life for this white guy from Idaho.

Great shots! I've always loved that building. Would have loved to see the city in its prime. Spent 4 years in Detroit training down at the DMC. Spent many many many hours every week down in the heart of the city. One of the greatest learning experiences of my life for this white guy from Idaho.
Awesome BrickHouse!

I grew up in the hood. I grew up hard and love that city. I am a better man for it today. My father taught me well about being a man of integrity. Race was never an issue, it was always about treating others as you would want to be treated and helping others who could not help themselves.

Here is the multi family home I grew up in. They paid the families to advertise liquor on our house....I took this pic in June this year, I think. Sad

4af8b6e48d4d91529f46a2893750d47f.jpg

Last edited:
Such a rich bit of Americana. One thing is for certain, Detroit loves her city! Hopefully she'll rise from the ashes some day!

Most reactions

Back