Developing color film at home.

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Everyone processes B+W, but is it possible to process color at home, too or would I need to take it somewhere to get it developed? I mainly shoot color...I enjoy it more than B+W, but I wonder if developing color at home is more trouble than it's worth...

Developing color negative or slide film [one exception: Kodachrome] at home is entirely possible. The processes are finicky with respect to time and temperature.

There will be no cost benefit. However, the control gained [burning in, dodging, etc.] may be worth the time and effort for some.

The thing about Color film is that the temperature needs to be exactly the same everytime you develop if you want consistent results.

Thanks guys, I might just take those in and get those developed and scan/print the negitives myself...

Developing color negative or slide film [one exception: Kodachrome] at home is entirely possible. The processes are finicky with respect to time and temperature.

There will be no cost benefit. However, the control gained [burning in, dodging, etc.] may be worth the time and effort for some.

What about Kodachrome? Is there any way to do this myself?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back