Developing Ilford B&W

Zeabned

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some time ago I inherited some Ilford and other "real" B&W film. The problem is, I don't develop my film at home, I usually send it to Mpix or Kodak. Is there any place left anywhere, preferably in the internet, that develops B&W film? I can't wait to shoot that Ilford 3200 ISO on a dark non-stormy night!

It is and they do a great job. I used to send in my Tmax when I didn't know/want to develop myself, but now it's where I send in my 4x5 transparencies.

It is and they do a great job. I used to send in my Tmax when I didn't know/want to develop myself, but now it's where I send in my 4x5 transparencies.

Thanks - you actually answered two of my questions, including one I hadn't articulated yet about the best place to send slide transparencies! Thanks.

Give some thought to doing it yourself. The required equipment is a tank and reel, a changing bag, a graduate, a thermometer, some plastic bottles to store chemicals and a couple of clothes pins per roll of film you want to develop at the same time. Total - about $50. Chemicals are cheap. It's very simple and you'll get better results by tailoring things to your film choices unlike the lab.

I finally located the link to the ivey photo lab proper. I notice that they only have instructions for in-store delivery of print orders, no mailing instructions or online order form. I'm about to e-mail [email protected] to find out if I can mail in my orders. I live in Florida!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back