Deviant Art Store

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck selling their images through deviant art? They have a store now were they handle printing/delivery etc and send you a check four times a year for whatever you sold (or a percentage there of).

Be interested to know if anyone has made a sale there.

I have a page there, ive heard and talked to people who have bought, or have sold prints, but its not marketed very well so its not that great of a selling area, Flickr does a way better job on its sight, as you can put your photos out there in so many more ways, integrating it into websites, etc. DA has some amazing artist that i have had the pleasure of getting to know, but as for its print market, it just need to be marketed differently, IMO

That is true, you could be a great artist, but if your brand new to the site, its going to take a while to actually make your first sale. Most people who actually make sales are known around the site like Mperko there and have a high page count like his 44,000+. But its never to late to start a page, chances are if your good, you'll get noticed a lot quicker. Its a great community to be a part of, just don't expect to make sales right off the bat

Thanks for the info. I started adding images a couple of weeks ago (http://dogheadgod.deviantart.com), I've only had about 30 hits so far :)

Not looking to make any serious money, but it would be nice to sell even one just to know that I have.

You have some really nice images Matt, the one of the gentleman watching the boats is excellent.

Thanks again for the info!

I almost signed up for it until I read their fine print.

Hi Wildmaven, thanks for the reply!

I did not see anything untoward in the small print, except for the usual "we can use your images in any way we see fit...." which is in the small print of every site I've ever been to.

Did you read something else that I missed?

Hi Wildmaven, thanks for the reply!

I did not see anything untoward in the small print, except for the usual "we can use your images in any way we see fit...." which is in the small print of every site I've ever been to.

Did you read something else that I missed?

Hahahha...no, just what you mentioned. I don't support sites that have that in their contract. I'm sure they're not going to do anything with my work, but I don't see the need to put such a phrase in the contract to begin with. :) Don't tell me it says that here at TPF, because I will cry.

Never sold anything, have bought a few prints mostly of other TPF members, IMO the profit margin you get is a bit small, because all prints are just automatics that you can buy any place in US for less that $2.50 for an 8x10

Most reactions

Back