Devon, England.

Maree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi! These are two of the first pictures i have ever taken. They were taken last summer.

woola2.jpg

instow2.jpg

The second one doesn't actually look that good on here for some reason. It looks loads better on Photo Editor i promise!
C&C and feedback please!

Love the first one, reminds me of old holidays in Newquey:lol: :lol:
But the second one seem a bit to blue to me but its still a nice shot.

Hi.

For your first pictures, these show a lot of promise. If I may make some suggestions for improvement:

Pic 1: you can rotate the picture to straighten out the horizon. I would also crop 1/5 of the image off the bottom (empty sea) to bring the horizon down to approximately 1/3 from the bottom.

Pic 2: Similar to pic 1 - I would crop some of the sand (and date) off the bottom. Also, the boat on the left should be included in whole or not at all (could crop this, or recompose).

Both pictures show a blue colour cast, most likely from the sea. This can be fixed in image editing applications, to give more "neutral" colours.

I don't have posting priviledges here, so can't show you what I mean. But, I hope these comments help anyway...

Best regards,

Leeko

www.alkureishi.com

Ok thanks! Yeh it was either too much of the sea or too much of the sky! So i chose the sea! Thanks for your feedback!

ah.... i recognise both these pics well. (I'm in Devon ;)).... nicely done... i agree it would be nicer cropped... but not off the bottom in pic 1 IMO... it would still leave the horizon centred... instead i would crop a little off the sky.
Nice to see some pics of home here...well done :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back