Df!

$2745????? LOL NOPE!

Seriously, I can get a D800 with that, why even bother with this stripped down camera?
Yes the camera is small which is a huge plus, but other than the sensor, there's nothing on it that can rival the old D700. So what reason do I have to spend that much more for less?

I'm sure it will be a great camera for many people. I'm not quite getting the fusion part, I thought it might have a hybrid viewfinder or something cool. They basically took their stockpile of parts and threw it together for a profit maker... how many acronyms will people come up with? Digital F^@*up? Dead and floundering? Never mind I will stick to my original comment...

MEH

N:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:pE

I want one really bad. I also want a pair of skinny jeans. Not.

A little too trendy for my taste, but I have never been into the retro thing. If it offered something new, like maybe a medium format sensor, it might make sense.

If it has wifi/gps and 51 pt AF I would have pre-ordered one already. I want the built-in flash and 1/8000 but those aren't the deal breaker that the 51 pt AF is.

When I moved from film to digital back in 2011, this Df was EXACTLY what I wanted. I wanted the tactile feel of manual film cameras, but with digital media. After using DSLRs for a few years, I've gotten used to the technology. Basically I found my own ways to use the new camera to do tricks that I would with my old one. I guess this product is 3 years too late.

Honestly speaking, I still think they should actually not even include the LCD screen to really push the concept of "pure photography". Let it be an attachment with advanced options like tablet/smart phone compatibility. I think it will be really different in a good way. Right now, it's like they took the safest and least interesting approach to this concept.

Also, if they aren't going to include the 51pt AF, why even bother with the D4 sensor? Why not just use the D800 sensor? It's like putting a modern Ferrari V12 into a mini cooper. Lots of power but lack the proper transmission, exhaust system and traction to get the most out of the engine's capability.

It would be even nicer without auto focus one reason i love my Leica m's

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

There will be those who will fall in love with it, the high price put this camera in a place where only few will want it and be able to afford it.
It will be like a Ferrari, a status simbol among photography fans.
Looks like a capable camera but I would rather get the D800 over it, heck I would rather get the D610 over it.

Haha it's no Ferrari. It's a Mini Cooper at best.... over priced "stripped down" car that bagged on its retro design.

Well at least I am not comparing it to the PT Cruiser.

I was super excited for it... Then I saw the price point.

Love the idea of it, but I just don't get why it's priced like that. For most photographers this would be their "fun travel camera." Most photographers aren't paying more for their fun travel camera than they did for their main working camera.

I like the concept but the price and the lack of the 51 point AF kill it. Not that it's overly priced but I can get the d800 for around the same price or cough up a few bucks more for a d3s.

Its only my take and obviously not everyone shares my view but it's what's important to me. I love the 51 pt AF system.

Looks like someone updated my 1972 F1. Does it have the Nikon Pro camera feel? That's why I love my F5. It just feels like an extension of my arms.

Df? Not for me but cool. I still want a D700. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back