Diafine!

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just invested in a gallon of Diafine. Souped my first roll in it tonite (Efke 50). I'll post some images once the film dries and I can scan them. So far it looks really good.

I want to see! Have you posted them yet, someplace else? I know a lot of people swear by this stuff, especially for fast film, but I've yet to try it. Ksmattfish uses it a lot and had beautiful results.

Sorry, Terri, but I've been falling behind in my responsibilities to scan the film. I'll get around to it one of these days. Maybe tonite, in fact.

I use Diafine and the very similar DiLuxol Vitesse with TMax 100 at EI 125, and Tri-X (400TX, not 320TXP) at EI 1000. Here is a shot taken on TMax 100 at EI 125. The comparatively small JPEG doesn't show the amount of detail in the highlights and shadows.

5177048-lg.jpg

Here is an unresampled (when viewed at 650x650 pixels) crop from the 4000 spi unsharpened scan (with JPEG compression):

5177067-lg.jpg

Best,
Helen

That's really good, Helen. I had to search that shot to find where you'd cropped from. I hope to add mine here PDQ.

That's really good, Helen. I had to search that shot to find where you'd cropped from. I hope to add mine here PDQ.
Well, get on it, slacker! :mrgreen:

Helen, I love that shot - and the detail from the crop is amazing! I can still see individual bricks. Very impressive. Thanks for posting.

Diafine and I need to meet soon, no question. arrgghh! So much to do....so little time....

Ok, Terri, here's a few frames. Pardon the dust--I couldn't find my brush, but you get the idea. I'm fairly pleased with how these turned out so far.

Most reactions

Back