TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a dice...

wuerfel.jpg

I like the composition and the use of light. It really grounds the image. :)

Nicely captured. I like the light you used in this.

Thank you so for the English lesson, Torus. I much appreciate that. You so seldom hear the singular of dic,e which mostly show up in their plural form, that I wouldn't have known there IS the singular version, either!!!

And thank you so for this photo, Spako.
Your photo creations are very inspirational. You so successfully "play" with light and minimal composition, I very much like it!

Thank you For the lesson Torus... I have to admit I didnt know dice was a plural form .. I was so proud that I knew the English term for this Würfel ;-)

And thank you all for the nice comments :) I think that the picture has a little inclination to the right, but I?m not certain ... I'll try to fix that sometime today :)

Danke! Many of my fellow Americans don't know there is a singular, either.

My knowledge of english is the product of a classical education many years ago which also included latin and greek. My german, though, is only that of a chemistry major of the same period. In that distant era, we learned german so that we could translate the chemical literature. The most complete reference of information on organic compounds was published in german. It [Beilstein] was so vast that no publisher could afford to produce an english translation. It was easier to teach chemists to translate 'chemical' german. I can still remember slowly and painfully translating Gerstaecker's 'Germelshausen' [Im Herbst des Jahres . . .] Something of the misty, magical feeling of the story survived my attempts and has been with me ever since.

I stand in awe of your abilities in english, by the way. They are far, far superior to my poor attempts 'auf Deutsch.'

And yes, good picture, too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back