Did I do something illegal or immoral?

If she is reasonable (normal) with other people ... then it's just between you two ... if this is so ... then have a chat with her ... mano-y-mano ... and sorta duke it out. Have her take off the gloves and tell you what is bothering her and vice vesa. If there is any middle ground you can find it ... or if you two can agree to disagree ... well that's good too. Maybe she just doesn't like being corrected in front of others (not saying you do that) ... in which case you may be able to find a solution.

The bottom line is that she is keeping cousins from seeing each other ... not that this is the end of the world or anything ... but you only have so much family ... so let the parents put yesterday behind them so the kids can enjoy tomorrow.

Gary

PS- Does CASA = attorney?
G

Id send her a bill.

:lmao:OMG! That's crazy! I can't believe I misspelled nephew that many times and never noticed. I'm such an idiot... bet I won't do it again! :)
Thanks everyone for your advice.
UPDATE! I went to pick up my pictures and they ID'd me. They said my crazy sis-in-law had been calling them non-stop about the pics and was trying to get them before I could. She even confronted me at McDonald's and was screaming at me in front of my kids. She's either on drugs... or needs them bad!

OMFG! Your sister in law seems like a stuck-up *****, no offense to her but I have been taking pictures of strangers on the streets and I have never got into trouble because of that. It's her child but she does not the right to tell people whether they are allowed to take pictures of him or not. This is almost laughable.

:lmao:OMG! That's crazy! I can't believe I misspelled nephew that many times and never noticed. I'm such an idiot... bet I won't do it again! :)
UPDATE! I went to pick up my pictures and they ID'd me. They said my crazy sis-in-law had been calling them non-stop about the pics and was trying to get them before I could. She even confronted me at McDonald's and was screaming at me in front of my kids. She's either on drugs... or needs them bad!

Now I wonder what you brother did to deserve that woman... but I guess love could make people blind

Wow... your sister in law has major issues.

I thought her initial reaction was overboard, but somewhat typical for the society we live in where everyone sues everyone, thinks they know everything.

But her calling the print shop??? Man, I really feel for her entourage.

You tried to do a really nice gesture. No harm on you - and nothing illegal.

I feel for your nephew too.

I think her unaurthorized pick-up of property which does not belong to her, would have been considered theft ... which I believe may be illegal in most if not all of these United States.

I think counseling would be the best thing ... put that on the table so the rest of the family knows that you'll meet her half-way. As another poster stated ... there are two sides to every coin ... but if you, (it's general knowledge that 90% of all males are unbiased in their reporting), are accurate and if she will not consider some joint counseling/mediation/mitigation/interventation sessions ... then, (seriously), you just gotta stay away ... cut her off ... she is completely without ration ... and any irrational relationship will be detemental.

Gary

PS- Dude, I feel for you .. but also find this very entertaining. What does your wife think of all this? Keep me in the loop. ;)

PPS- If it were me, I'd feed the beast ... keep doing stuff that will drive her berserk. This level of entertainment is hard to find ...and when you do you have to nurture it until it blossoms. But then again, I'm a sicko ... lol
G

Last edited:
I'm not going to criticize this woman; I'll simply use this as an opportunity to explain why some people do get concerned. We know that the point of "release forms" are for the publication of images not the taking, but I can see how someone could assume that it is strictly for the latter. Secondly, some people ask that their picture not be taken simply because they don't want to take the chance of it "getting out there." In other words, they assume that if it's taken, it will show up in print or online etc. Say what you will about this woman, but there are a good number of people who feel this way - they just handle the issue with civility.

I'm not going to criticize this woman; I'll simply use this as an opportunity to explain why some people do get concerned. We know that the point of "release forms" are for the publication of images not the taking, but I can see how someone could assume that it is strictly for the latter. Secondly, some people ask that their picture not be taken simply because they don't want to take the chance of it "getting out there." In other words, they assume that if it's taken, it will show up in print or online etc. Say what you will about this woman, but there are a good number of people who feel this way - they just handle the issue with civility.
I don't think peoples feelings about her have to do with how she felt, I could see more people feeling that way, but its the way she acted and went about it, that got people insulting her.

I don't think peoples feelings about her have to do with how she felt, I could see more people feeling that way, but its the way she acted and went about it, that got people insulting her.

lol that explanation about why she acted the way she did makes no sense :p but I guess there is always an explanation for human behaviors. I just wish that most people wouldn't be so uptight and take everything so seriously or be so paranoid. I mean I for one would LOVE to take pictures of kids especially when I walk around in a park on a nice day but I am usually to afraid to do that because I don't want the parents or whoever to think I am a pedophile or have any kind of intention to harm their children or anything. I do understand why some parents are so overprotective course I would probably act that way too but jumping to conclutions so quickly is not the best way to protect a child.

PPS- If it were me, I'd feed the beast ... keep doing stuff that will drive her berserk. This level of entertainment is hard to find ...and when you do you have to nurture it until it blossoms. But then again, I'm a sicko ... lol
G
Too right. I'd find it difficult to resist the potential fireworks..... espacially when they are so needless.

If all is true, then she does need some counseling. Good on 'ya for trying to offer a good feeling.

I think Gary also hit on another point that is often gone amiss. Put the spotlight on the elephant in the room. Unless outragious behaviour is identified, then harmony is often gone to the wayside. The initial sting is easily forgotten and later appreciated by the family coming together.

Good Luck.

Ok, new update. She went to the studio and demanded all the pictures or she would sue them. They called the police and she was arrested. Now who's the one doing something illegal? LMAO!

w-o-w! :confused:
that would be the last time I would ever do anything for her.....she's a true loose cannon...

Ok, new update. She went to the studio and demanded all the pictures or she would sue them. They called the police and she was arrested. Now who's the one doing something illegal? LMAO!
HAHAHAHAHAHA
ps: she's a loon lol

Most reactions

Back