Did i go too far?

Kevyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I contrasted the sky to hell here, i think i did a bit to much maybe?

origional:

DSC_0305.jpg

Edited

nicesky.jpg

thank you :)

Yeah, you may have gone a little overboard. I'd just fade it some (okay, maybe a little more than 'some').

I like the contrast, but it brought out the noise in the sky, and the upper-left corner looks over-exposed. Again, it would look really nice if you faded the changes.

The change made does not look real. If sky is so orange, water should reflect more orange color.

Regards
Leigh

You totally lost the upper left corner and that should have been a very clear sign to yourself that you went too far, yes.
So in answer to your straightforward question IF you went to far, there is only one straightforward answer: Yes, you did.

When you shift the contrast, always watch what is happening. If you suddenly lose a part (it becomes glaringly white), and if you get noise from all that shifting the levels, or if suddenly things get a halo, then stop and slowly go back.

What your photo would have needed more would have been to straighten the horizon :wink: ! The lake will soon run dry :greenpbl: :wink: !

Yeah i relise now i probably went a bit overboard...lol, i sometime get a bit carried away with photoshop hehe :p

i think it looks alright just not very realistic, maybe crop it at the horizon an see what it looks like?

It's a beautiful picture though and yeah the editing did go a little too far but at the same time I think that's what's great in the edited version. If you don't mind me saying though the picture lacks any kind of subject and there's nothing really to focus on... IMO...

Most reactions

Back