Did I Make A Good Choice?

Donnyg37

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys new to the forum and only been doing photography for 6 months,I just purchased a Canon 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM lens, will this lens be good for shooting race cars cause that's what I shoot the cars go about 300+mph and I want a professional looking picture. Should I keep or return lens.

good sunny days will be perfect. Otherwise f/2.8.

Probably a little light on range but a very fine piece of glass to be sure.

Yes, a very good lens indeed. The Nikkor, Sigma and Canon's 70-200 are all nice.

If you can get relatively close to the track it will be perfect. Otherwise look into a 1.4 or 2x converter.

Hey guys new to the forum and only been doing photography for 6 months,I just purchased a Canon 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM lens, will this lens be good for shooting race cars cause that's what I shoot the cars go about 300+mph and I want a professional looking picture. Should I keep or return lens.

You'll know wether or not it will work for you ater using it. You'll find out if the focal length is too short once used for awhile. We can't tell you to keep or return something with no knowledge of your position at the race track.

So once you go and take some pictures, decide if you always want to get closer. If you want to get closer but are limited by your surrounding at the track then you may need to get something in the longer range or add a teleconverter to your setup.

A nice lens is only one part of the equation in getting professional looking results.

That lens is capable of amazingly sharp and clear transmission of photons. What you do with those photons depends on your skill level, as Jake already said. The lens will not be the limiting factor. However, if the images are not to your liking, then I'll be pleased to take it off your hands.;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back