Did I overcook this kid? :)

Looks like a good medium rare to me.

Whats up with the one eye? It looks like it has a folded over contact in his eye, I know thats NOT what it is, but its the best I can describe it. I keep looking at it, so I guess that fits the definition of distracting. I would look through your other shots to see if you have some where his eyes look cleaner/better.

No you didn't overcook it. To answer your question to Kathy, you could try a brush (Lighten) to that side of the face and see if it will bring it up.

I will see what I can do tonight....I already did a little, I was just afraid I was going too far with it. Thank you!

Whats up with the one eye? It looks like it has a folded over contact in his eye, I know thats NOT what it is, but its the best I can describe it. I keep looking at it, so I guess that fits the definition of distracting. I would look through your other shots to see if you have some where his eyes look cleaner/better.

Which eye? Is it the reflection from the window, or is it the blanket?

Basic "tummy pose", looks good..got the kid, two hands, the blue crocheted baby blanket indicating 'boy baby'. I think it looks a bit too dark on the baby's face; that right side of the frame with the hot white shoulder is a bit distracting and draws the eye away from the much darker face. I think the baby's face looks too dark...needs to be lightened up a bit...it does not match the key of the photo. As far as overcooking on the eyes and skin...it doesn't show too much...you have avoided the full-blown Alien Eyes look that soooooo many people are going with nowadays.

Basic "tummy pose", looks good..got the kid, two hands, the blue crocheted baby blanket indicating 'boy baby'. I think it looks a bit too dark on the baby's face; that right side of the frame with the hot white shoulder is a bit distracting and draws the eye away from the much darker face. I think the baby's face looks too dark...needs to be lightened up a bit...it does not match the key of the photo. As far as overcooking on the eyes and skin...it doesn't show too much...you have avoided the full-blown Alien Eyes look that soooooo many people are going with nowadays.

Can I fix the bright side by using burn to make the white a little darker? Is it bad that I'm sitting here at my desk, counting down the hours until I can get home and try this edit again??

Yes, you could burn it down, or in Lightroom or ACR, you could use a "recovery" action, which will darken the highlights.

Most reactions

Back