Did I screw up this roll of 120mm?

20131028_170146_zpsb69397ee.jpg

The one on the left is the 120 roll. Maybe that's what caused this?

I should have written spool instead of roll. The end caps of 120 spools are a little bigger than the 620 spools. They'll often just fit into the camera but their bigger size will create friction that will make it difficult to advance the film. I'll post a picture later tonight to show the difference.

I see. BUT, I just remembered. The 620 roll was used in my Brownie (as it uses 620 film), but the Ansco (the camera that produced the fat roll) is supposed to use 120 film, and that's what I used in it. So I don't think that's the problem.

I haven't used an Ansco myself, but a quick internet search shows that some Ansco Shur Shots were meant to use 116/616 film. From Camera-wiki: Ansco Shur Shot - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia "The cameras were made in sizes for 120 and 116 film; but because of the Agfa connection these were specified using the German designations B2 and D6 respectively." You're sure you don't have one of the 116 models?

116 film: 116 film - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

I should have written spool instead of roll. The end caps of 120 spools are a little bigger than the 620 spools. They'll often just fit into the camera but their bigger size will create friction that will make it difficult to advance the film. I'll post a picture later tonight to show the difference.

I see. BUT, I just remembered. The 620 roll was used in my Brownie (as it uses 620 film), but the Ansco (the camera that produced the fat roll) is supposed to use 120 film, and that's what I used in it. So I don't think that's the problem.

I haven't used an Ansco myself, but a quick internet search shows that some Ansco Shur Shots were meant to use 116/616 film. From Camera-wiki: Ansco Shur Shot - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia "The cameras were made in sizes for 120 and 116 film; but because of the Agfa connection these were specified using the German designations B2 and D6 respectively." You're sure you don't have one of the 116 models?

116 film: 116 film - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia

Well on the camera itself, if you open the door to change the film it says on the door that the camera was designed to use 120 film. It didn't name any other sizes. =/

Most reactions

Back