Did Nikon Nobble my camera with their Fix

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I may just not be doing something correct but last time I checked my camera,d750 could do 6.5 Fps in CH, Continuous High speed mode, now it can only do 3. I wondering am I doing something wrong or is this Nikons solution to the freeze issue. They said they fixed the issue during a recall service last year but I have not used this mode until now. Im using the same memory cards as before and same settings f22 Sspeed 4000

:aufsmaul::aufsmaul:

Erm, any chance you have "silent mode" on? In that mode you have only 3fps.

Erm, any chance you have "silent mode" on? In that mode you have only 3fps.

Nope did a test there of all the modes (CL ( continuous Low) 3Fps), (CH ( continuous High) 3Fps), (Q quite mode 1 fps) (QC (quite continuous) 3fps)

it appears to be nobled in some fashion.

Several settings will limit the fps rate.
RTFM.
It says up to 6.5 fps (Ch mode), says it's a average rate, and that the stated rates may not be available under some conditions.

Last edited:
Is bracketing on

Is flash up

I'm casually aware that ISO settings and noise reduction/processing and some other elements can slow down the FPS even when it appears that it shouldn't. So double check that you're shooting at low ISO and in good conditions to rule that out.

Then double check the manual and settings; my 7D has two modes for its frames per second; a slower and a faster setting. On the slower it caps its FPS for those situations where you want to use continuous shots, but don't want as long or as fast a burst. Or perhaps want to save on shots (not everyone likes a hair-trigger shutter that then blasts of 5 shots of "the same thing"). Kind of the thing that a landscape or portrait photographer using lights might not want.

So could just be they've re-set it back to factory default.

Turn off things like lens correction, ADL lighting, noise reduction etc.

Will Look into all those.

Change the memory card to a slower model? Output mode (raw + various jpg?) Trying to think of anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back