Did not get all my photos back from the lab

Horace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I shot a roll of 120 at 6x6, 12 shots, Rolleicord. After sending it out for development, I only got 10 shots back. This was my first attempt at medium format film. Last time I shot film was when I was like 12, and it was some point and shoot, automatic rewind, 35mm, the norm.

So was it something that I did wrong while shooting, like with the winding? The camera is all manual so I guess for someone like me a lot can go wrong.

Horace

Umm, what do you mean by that ?
Did they not give you back the entire roll of developed film ?

Perhaps 2 frames weren't capable of being printed. So they just didn't print them.

Maybe Horace you wound each frame a little too far past the number in the window each time and you didn't manage twelve exposures. Do you recall seeing frame #12 in the red window?

Look at the negatives they returned and see if the images are there.

I think I realized what's wrong. I did not load the film correctly. The start line wasn't even shown in the back before I closed to cover, which means the first 2 shots were exposed on not functional surfaces of the film. Which means the current roll in the camera has the same problem.........sigh

Don't feel bad. If you shoot film, you're gonna mess it up once in a while. All film shooters do.

I kind of expect a "half frame " or two on most rolls.

10 shots is not bad. Last time I used my Fed 2 I got zero pictures because some idiot left the lens cap on.

I have destroyed the better part of three different rolls over the years during processing and the lab killed a roll of E6 once but I have never (knock on wood) not exposed the film. With only 10 frames to the roll I can't lose out on even one frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back