Did some experimenting in my room

Unmanedpilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I'm just avoiding homework and playing with my new Rebel XTi. I started taking a picture of just an empty shell then it quickly moved into a small scene with me pulling out my Just-for-fun shooting rifle. I liked how the shot came out but feel theres something that can be added or taken away. Just not sure what.

M9130.jpg

I'm enjoying the DOF of this as its much more dynamic then my last camera. (Kodak Z740) But i'm not sure if its the coloring, or if it is the DOF, but something can be changed to make it better, but what?

So this is not your final version for critique, but rather a photo for which you are asking some further advice to finish it?
Then I best move this to the other of our two Critique-forums, the Technical Assistence.
Hang on.

Right-o.
Done :D

And I personally feel that the light fades too fast, but that is all I can really say about this. The subject/theme does not speak to me, though I do agree that the DOF is nice.

So this is not your final version for critique, but rather a photo for which you are asking some further advice to finish it?
Then I best move this to the other of our two Critique-forums, the Technical Assistence.
Hang on.

Right-o.
Done :D

And I personally feel that the light fades too fast, but that is all I can really say about this. The subject/theme does not speak to me, though I do agree that the DOF is nice.

Ahh still learning the forums!

I didn't think the objects in view would be that great for everyone, I just was taking pictures of what I had at the moment.

While this is a nice experiment (I like the colors and the shapes, IMO there are several things that could be improved if you chose to take this again.

1) The shapes are all long horizontals and so this is crying out to be shot in landscape rather than portrait. This will remove a lot of dead space.
2) the rifle itself is almost exactly horizontal, this sort of cuts the picture. I would set it at more of an angle to the point of view of the camera.
3) trivial - the 30-06 (?) cartridge looks likes its just about to slide off the other cartridge. Perhaps a better placement.

All in all, good start, good use of shapes.

m9130bbff6.jpg

While this is a nice experiment (I like the colors and the shapes, IMO there are several things that could be improved if you chose to take this again.

1) The shapes are all long horizontals and so this is crying out to be shot in landscape rather than portrait. This will remove a lot of dead space.
2) the rifle itself is almost exactly horizontal, this sort of cuts the picture. I would set it at more of an angle to the point of view of the camera.
3) trivial - the 30-06 (?) cartridge looks likes its just about to slide off the other cartridge. Perhaps a better placement.

All in all, good start, good use of shapes.

m9130bbff6.jpg

I don't really plan on re-doing the shot but that defiantly something to think about. I don't know why I didn't do landscape, as it totally makes sense. Well If I ever do something similar I know now.

Oh and its 7.62x54R to be exact ;)

Most reactions

Back