KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My sister stopped by this morning as I was preparing a skillet near filled with water to poach some eggs.

See was surprised to see me add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to the water. She didn't know the vinegar makes the egg whites stay together.

Vinegar can be an effective cleaner too. I use it to clean my coffee maker.

One of my summer time treats is raw cucumber slices, onions, and sea scallops marinated for 24 hours in red wine vinegar, minced garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, and tobassco sauce.

How do you use vinegar?

I like balsamic vinegar on my fries.

I also use vinegar in marinades and stuff too...

I use vinegar + baking soda as a general purpose scrubber/cleaner...I use vinegar as a deodorizer/freshener for the electric coffee maker....I run some white vinegar through the brew cycle...when I catch a chinook salmon and am cleaning it, I use vinegar as a slime-cutter when scaling the fish...

I can understand the basalmic on the fires, I like malt vinegar on fish sometimes.

I have a bottle of Trappy's hot peppers in vinegar. The bottle has a top so you only shake out the hot vinegar. When the vinegar starts getting low I just refill it with distilled white vinegar. I think I've been using the same bottle of peppers to make the vinegar hot for about 5 years now.

Oh, I mainly use the hot vinegar on tacos and in Chili.

A good quality vinegar, about 1 tablespoon, is an essential ingredient in a good deviled egg filling...I love deviled eggs...for Super Bowl Sunday, I like to buy the super-jumbo sized eggs and make about three to four dozen deviled eggs. Mash the egg yolks with 1 tablespoon of vinegar per dozen yolks, fork stir and cut in mayonnaise to taste, add a bit of dill, a small dash of sweet pickle juice, a bit of salt,mix, then fill the egg white halves, and finally add some paprika on top.

i honestly thought this was strange fourm spam, til i saw where it was and who it was by. I must admit i was rather confused about the vinegar thing the first time my partner made poached eggs.

I have a bottle of Trappy's hot peppers in vinegar. The bottle has a top so you only shake out the hot vinegar. When the vinegar starts getting low I just refill it with distilled white vinegar. I think I've been using the same bottle of peppers to make the vinegar hot for about 5 years now.
I get the same stuff. I start pulling the peppers out and putting them on my food as the vinegar gets low though, so I have to replace mine every month or two, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back