Didn't work at all...

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was trying to take a shot from the top of our house and one from the bottom, exploring perspective or something. I must have had the DOF set really shallow, because this is how it came out. Does anyone else think that tree on the right looks a little odd?

1417335515_4bcba3294e_b.jpg

Besides the house looking out of focus, i don't' see what the problem is. It's linear perspective, of course the tree is going to lean inwards, you're using a wide lens without any plane corrections.

Besides the house looking out of focus, i don't' see what the problem is. It's linear perspective, of course the tree is going to lean inwards, you're using a wide lens without any plane corrections.

i didn't mean the leaning, i knew that, i meant how flat it is? I just thought it was odd. Its paper thin. Didn't get what i was going for at all, including the focus.

Appears to be underexposed a couple of stops. Also, your subject is pretty small. Try metering on the driveway, lock the exposure, and possibly try shooting from a bit closer to the house itself.

Your sky will become overexposed, but there are ways around that, as well.

Most reactions

Back