"Die Liebe höret nimmer auf"

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(Find the translation yourselves, will you?)

146523785.jpg

great image corinna........ i tried finding the translation but couldn't find the exact words..... a passage from the bible?...... well captured pic tho :thumbup:

Die Liebe - love
aufzuhoeren - to stop
nimmer - never

The love never stops, or the love that never stops.

What is the statue?

Very nice. LOve the monument Corinna.

Thom, I don't know if this "lady statue" is to represent an angel ... no wings ... but it is on top of a grave at Ohlsdorf Cemetery in Hamburg.
And this wording "Die Liebe höret nimmer auf" is or at least was a favourite one on headstones and other sorts of inscriptions on graves.
Yes, you are right: it means "The Love Will Never End".

Ladybear, I put it back up for you.
So sorry ... I did not know I had gone for only the demo-version of fotki when I joined and that it would end and after that only the upgrade would still allow me to hotlink pics... :( So now I put the pic to another server.

She's beautiful and very sad. What is that on the lower right a bit behind her at her knee and to the left at her feet? Is that part of the statue or something placed there?

German cemetaries are so peaceful and a much better use of space. I've visited three gravesites of my family during my trips (Augsburg, Berlin & Plauen). It was very somber but very peaceful too. People were tending their family plots, there were plants and flowers of all kinds and some of the headstones had a veritable family tree on them.

That "thing" next to her foot is snow.
We had a lot of snow at the end of March, which is when I went to that large cemetery in Hamburg, the only one with old graves around here. Most are quite modern and "down-to-earth" (terrible pun, not intended), no angels, nice headstones, crosses or so... which is why I had to travel to this one in Hamburg for some nice photos of angels and so on - and will go there again in about a week from now.

No wonder I didn't recognize it! In Florida we rarely see snow :( I look forward to the results of your next visit there :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back