*dies*

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've just (literally 10 minutes ago) returned from my Mediterranean trip, which I was supposed to come home from yesterday afternoon. We had a flight from Rome to Frankfurt, and then we had a direct flight from Frankfurt to San Francisco. Frankfurt was experiencing some major storms though, and our flight to there was delayed by an hour. By the time we did land in Frankfurt, our direct flight to San Francisco had already taken off.... *the stress starts here*
Every flight into SF was booked, and there were hundreds of stranded people. So we went to a hotel for the night, and came back to the airport at 8 AM. We got there, they put us on stand by for a flight to Washington D.C., but they said there were 50 people on the waiting list and the chances of us boarding any time that day were very slim. Luckily, at the last minute, 4 seats opened up. So we flew across the Atlantic, to D.C. The first thing we heard was that there were MORE terrible storms in the Midwest, and our plane couldn't fly across the states. But we got on a plane, which waited on the runway for two hours for the storms to clear up--- and then two of the engines broke. So we went to the other side of the airport, switched planes, and waited for another 4 hours in THAT plane. Eventually, it took off, and we arrived at the SF airport. Then we found out that our baggage was back in Germany.

:meh:

Anyways, I'm home now, and this is pretty much a warning that when you sign on tomorrow (if anyone's reading this crazy anecdote) you might be... bombarded with a couple million photo threads by me. (On the bright side, I DID take quite a lot of pictures. ;))

So, I'm just preparing to be banned from TPF. :mrgreen:

awww.. poor you! but at least you made it :) welcome back ;)

too bad I am not in Germany at the moment, else I might have show up in Frankfurt :p

Who are you?

Hehe just kidding. That sounds like not so much fun. Be glad those engines broke on the ground and not around 12,000 feet! ;)

Well we're glad you're back, and we missed you! :)

:) Welcome back! I look forward to oodles of photos!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back