different RAW formats...Canon?

MACollum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can someone with a Canon XT tell me what the extension is for RAW files on their camera? The XTi uses the extension CR2 and I was wondering if it's different from the XT. I tried to use Raw Shooter Essentials but it said no RAW files were found. I thought that the RAW files were brand specific, not camera model specific. I don't have a problem buying a converter (I tried the free version from before Adobe bought it out) but there are so many to choose from (I'd like to get a trial version first). I use the Digital Photo Professional software that came with my camera but I might prefer another program. The interface is a little cumbersome with DPP.

Raw files are generally specific to cameras, but as Lars pointed out, not always. The sensors in cameras go through changes, as do the raw files they output. Companies that make raw editing software need time to add support for new cameras, and new raw files.

I use a program by Capture One called C1. The LE version, which is very good, costs $99. I highly recommend it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back