Difficult license plate to get

TWX

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...or perhaps not...

IMG_0555.JPG
Canon EOS 77D, 17-55mm f/2.8, 52mm f/2.8 1/2000 sec ISO 200. Scaled 50% for forum.

I'm strongly thinking of getting used EOS M50 to keep in the center console. Had to reach behind, open the camera bag on the floor behind me, snake past the 70-300mm zoom lens to reach the camera.

That plate Probably issued in the state of Arizona more than 20 years ago. In Wisconsin? Probably not.

I freely admit even with this the name meant absolutely nothing to me till I followed your link.

I'm strongly thinking of getting used EOS M50 to keep in the center console. Had to reach behind, open the camera bag on the floor behind me, snake past the 70-300mm zoom lens to reach the camera.

I would have thought a cheap old compact would be quite enough for this sort of grab shot. Interchangable lenses aren't a benefit at all here.

I would have thought a cheap old compact would be quite enough for this sort of grab shot. Interchangable lenses aren't a benefit at all here.
I like my APS-C sensor size, and unfortuntely the G1X Mark III costs more than the M50 with the 15-45mm collapsible lens.

I'm also thinking about getting a speedbooster so I can use EF lenses closer to the equivalent of full-frame. Could do that with the M100 but since the M100's controls are just about all on-screen, it would be easier with a camera like the M50 where the controls are on-body. Kills two birds with one stone.

I like my APS-C sensor size, and unfortuntely the G1X Mark III costs more than the M50 with the 15-45mm collapsible lens.

I'm also thinking about getting a speedbooster so I can use EF lenses closer to the equivalent of full-frame. Could do that with the M100 but since the M100's controls are just about all on-screen, it would be easier with a camera like the M50 where the controls are on-body. Kills two birds with one stone.

Ah so having it handy in the car is just an excuse for a bit of GAS - your choice is fully justified then!

Ah so having it handy in the car is just an excuse for a bit of GAS - your choice is fully justified then!

Gear Acquisiton Syndrome I assume?

Perhaps. On the other hand, I don't see a lot of benefit in buying a point-and-shoot when the money for a point-and-shoot could well go towards something that provides for many more options, most of which are compatible with the equipment I already have. Part of why I went Canon when I ultmately bought the 77D was familiarity and comfort with the EOS system generally, to me this would be keeping in the same vein. Additionally since the 22mm f/2 EFM lens lives on the M100, a body-only M50 found inexpensively would immediately get the 15-45mm.

Right now I frequently bring a backpack containing the entire orange line in my sig with me. I do this in part becaue the DSLR with any of the zoom lenses is large enough that there's little benefit in bringing just the camera and one zoom lens as it won't fit in the center console or the glove compartment, I would still need a bag. A mirrorless with a similarly physically small lens offers more options for storage. I could bring the DSLR and kit out when I specifically want to shoot, but I could have the mirrorless on-hand if I see something that I want to shoot when I otherwise wasn't specifically looking to do so when I set out that morning.

Gear Acquisiton Syndrome I assume?

Perhaps. On the other hand, I don't see a lot of benefit in buying a point-and-shoot when the money for a point-and-shoot could well go towards something that provides for many more options, most of which are compatible with the equipment I already have. Part of why I went Canon when I ultmately bought the 77D was familiarity and comfort with the EOS system generally, to me this would be keeping in the same vein. Additionally since the 22mm f/2 EFM lens lives on the M100, a body-only M50 found inexpensively would immediately get the 15-45mm.

Right now I frequently bring a backpack containing the entire orange line in my sig with me. I do this in part becaue the DSLR with any of the zoom lenses is large enough that there's little benefit in bringing just the camera and one zoom lens as it won't fit in the center console or the glove compartment, I would still need a bag. A mirrorless with a similarly physically small lens offers more options for storage. I could bring the DSLR and kit out when I specifically want to shoot, but I could have the mirrorless on-hand if I see something that I want to shoot when I otherwise wasn't specifically looking to do so when I set out that morning.

Your original post suggested the purchase was to have handy when in the car (possibly even only for things like odd licence plates). A P&S would fit the bill for that nicely & needn't cost more than $10 if brought used.

I personally would never leave a quality camera in the car long term. Indeed it's only if camping that I'd leave it in the car overnight.

Perfect use for a cell phone camera

I do the same thing with a 'not so special' little Canon 110. I don't take my good camera everywhere I go so it's always there if I need it for anything. For insurance purposes if nothing else.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back