Difficult Portrait Session

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is quite honestly the most difficult family session I've ever done. The boys were SO against having their photos taken. The only way I could get the younger one to stay around was to play "camoflauge guy" with him. The older boy was obviously very self-conscious, and wouldn't smile very easy. The father could only take on one position. Sitting down.

What would you have done differently???

3020515358_549b065fee.jpg

3020515096_a170319ea4.jpg

3020514880_f48447f7ee.jpg

3019683717_a6ce11099e.jpg

3019683497_0d832e95c3.jpg

I think mom was the only one who wanted these pictures taken :-(

Sounds dreadful. I think 4 and especially 5 turned out really well.

I don't even know what to say.

Well, I think you did tremendously well with what you had cut out for you.

#3 has the focal point of Mom & Dad, and the kids are OOF in the background. This makes the kids seem less important, which is probably isn;t a good thing. Also, both M & D look uneasy.

Well, I think you did tremendously well with what you had cut out for you.

#3 has the focal point of Mom & Dad, and the kids are OOF in the background. This makes the kids seem less important, which is probably isn;t a good thing. Also, both M & D look uneasy.

I do that on purpose! I promise there are plenty of group shots where the whole family is together, in focus . . . more traditional of a family portrait. I do this to highlight the feelings that you HOPE mom and dad still have for each other after years of being together. Obviously this specific group it doesn't turn out quite as elegant and romantic looking, because he really was uneasy and uncomfortable in EVERY shot.

I usually do a shot in this same pose of the parents kissing and the kids (OOF) glancing at them. Turns out very cute - parents LOVE it. Problem here was that they couldn't really reach each other for that cute kissing picture . . .

oh my gosh! I really think you did incredible considering the uneasiness of the group!
the camo pick of the boy is really great. my fav of all of them.
really, no advice. great job on a hard shoot!!! :)

I think you did a great job making them not look uncomfortable. The camo one is really cute and I love the last one.

Maybe for the one with the four of them with the parents up front, put her in the front to not emphasize his size so much?

While looking at #5, I realized that the boy was crouching, not laying down. You should cut out all of his jeans from the photo to make it seem like he is laying down. I think that would do a lot for the shot.

Most reactions

Back