Diffusers

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
any one have ideas for home-made flash diffusers?

i'm cheap lol

i was thinking a thin, white sheet cut to fit around the flash

Done it, works as well if not better than some commercial diffusers. I personally believe the only reason someone should spend ludicrous sums on cheap plastic is if they believe their clients will truly judge them on what they look like rather than the results they produce.

The other good one to try is using a sheet of injet paper cut as a trapazoid and rubber banded to your flash as a forward reflector. That's my favourite type home made flash modification.

Garbz - that's true for the most part, but sometimes I like to pay for the thought that went into it; someone took the time to design it and now they're providing it with good quality material (sometimes not always just cheap plastic :))... if it's not outrageous, I'll buy it.

I love DIY photo equipment.
I made my own reflectors, and they work great!

just google it, theres plenty of ways to do it and very easy to find if you just do a quick search. theres a couple of different ones, and some other pretty neat DIY stuff (mostly lighting related) at DIYPhotography.net

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks igs, that seems like a good idea
anyone got ideas for a pop up flash diffuser cause i dont really have the money yet to get a legit flash

Most reactions

Back