Digging the 17-40mm

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a new EF 17-40mm f/4 lens and man is it fun. I love the distortion. I've been wanting this puppy for a long time. Here's my first test shot.

485138027_9V6ZX-L.jpg

Just too much fun. I can't wait to take it into the city tomorrow.

i got the same lense! i love it so much! its my baby, it stays on my cam almost exclusively! (seeing as how the only other one i have it the lense in the kit, 28-90).

It could be a walk around lens on my 50D, but with my 5D I get just a little too much distortion for a walk around lens (for my taste) with the full frame... which is what I took the above pic with. But it's cool enough that I'll probably buy a small waist bag to take with me now so that I always have it with me. I use my 24-70 as my walk around lens.

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight looking forward to taking that lens into the city with me tomorrow. :)

Where in the city are you going to be?

I actually had considered that lens, until a few people in my thread told me to go for even wider (as I only have a crop body).

Regardless, nice weather is here and I'm looking forward to go out and take more pictures.

Where in the city are you going to be?

I actually had considered that lens, until a few people in my thread told me to go for even wider (as I only have a crop body).

Regardless, nice weather is here and I'm looking forward to go out and take more pictures.
I have lunch with an associate at 1pm, so around 2 or 2:30 I'm hoping to either run down Michigan Ave or to maybe pop over to Navy Pier again. If you want to try and meet up either today or maybe some other time, drop me a PM and I'll give you my contact info. I would be glad to let you take some shots with the lens on your body to see if it's something you're interested in.

I love mine!!!! I have had mine for about 10 months and it has spent 95% of it on my camera. My only complaint is that it does get a little blury at the edges but not enough to really effect the overall picture if you know it's there and you use that to your advantage. I absolutely love this lens. Let me know what you think of it on your 5D. I plan on getting a 5D mkII and was planning on using this lens on my 5D and getting a 70-200 f2.8 IS for my 40D giving me a range of 17-40 and 112-320. Plus if I switch those to lens, then I would have a range of 27-64 and 70-200. Then if I ever have enough for a 400mm or 600mm then I would have pretty much my dream setup.

Most reactions

Back