digital enlargers?!

Thor the Mighty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artwanted.com
i figure there has to be some sort of way to get digital images onto good old silver bromide coated photopaper or for cyano, van dyke etc but ive never heard of a way to do this. is there some sort of digital enlarger out there? please say yes.

Thor the Mighty said:
i figure there has to be some sort of way to get digital images onto good old silver bromide coated photopaper or for cyano, van dyke etc but ive never heard of a way to do this. is there some sort of digital enlarger out there? please say yes.
You COULD expose silver halide with a laser on your usual noritsu/fuji, but then you'll have to extract the paper somehow, and process it...

I don't know any other way. Are you looking at AgX only?

You could use a digital projectior to project the image onto the paper. It would of course end up negative but that could easily be fixed by inverting the image before hand,

ThomThomsk said:
Alternatively, if money is no object, perhaps this would do the job:

http://www.benboardman.com.au/bb/devere/dv504d.shtml
How much does this monstrousity cost?

You could use a digital projectior to project the image onto the paper. It would of course end up negative but that could easily be fixed by inverting the image before hand
Might as well take a picture of your monitor in BW film and print it in the conventional darkroom. :lmao:

DocFrankenstein said:
How much does this monstrousity cost?

The dealer site I found lists it as POA (price on application). I dread to think how much it would be, but obviously getting an archival quality fibre print from a digital file must interest some people. I'll stick to learning how to get archival prints from 120 FP4+...

Thomsk

I suppose it could also be done with a very high resolution printer and you could essentially make a negative of ink on an OHT.

DocFrankenstein said:
Might as well take a picture of your monitor in BW film and print it in the conventional darkroom. :lmao:

my friend actually did that for a cyano assignment it was rad! the only thing is that the image had sligh pixalation, but i think that was due in part because it was a small file picture to begin with.

Hello,

You can get a digital file output onto sheet film and then print from that. Quite expensive, although the price per goes down the more images you have written to the film (usually up to 4 on a 10x8 IIRC, maybe more depending on your provider), and you'll have to pay for the film to be processed too.

Fuddy

Thor the Mighty said:
my friend actually did that for a cyano assignment it was rad! the only thing is that the image had sligh pixalation, but i think that was due in part because it was a small file picture to begin with.
That's how they got digital art to print in books before scanners.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back