Digital -> film transformation

tataencu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photo.tataencu.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two days ago I was just surfing the internet and found an interesting program, OPanda DigitalFilm 1.68.
That program basically takes a photo and converts it to have the contrast/brightness/grain it would have on a certain type of film.

My question is: do you know a plugin for Photoshop or a free application that does the same thing?
Or do you know where I can find some guidelines on how to do it manually (like the level of grain on a certain film, the contrasts, things like that)?

PS: I never used film to take photos because I don't have a film camera so...

Edit: I am asking for this because the trial version of DigitalFilm puts a watermark on the image.

There is a free Photoshop plugin that has this capability. Simulates different types of film, custom contrast, filters etc. You can find it here: optikvervelabs.com

are you looking for color or black and white filters?

Opanda only offers a couple of options with the program you mentioned.

thanks for the info all

ann, i'm looking for both, but especially black&white. and yes i know they only have 2 films in their program (a color fuji and a BW kodak, i think). If you know anything, please tell me :D :)

Edit: It seems that the optikVerve plugin isn't working for me. Maybe it's not compatible with Photoshop CS3? :-/

there is a program in that group with converting to black and white that will give you the numbers to plug in for vairous film types.

you have to do the work, which is just typing in the numbers, it won't change everything at one click

Don't kid yourself. It's like driving a Hyundai and acting like it's a Lexus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back