digital framing

RiderOnTheStorm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently began to frame my photographs with cs2 and I am very happy with the results so far. However it takes some time to do it right, so now I am wondering if there is an easier way to do it. Is it possible to batch frame pictures? or maybe create a template in which I can just import the photograph to be framed?

The only thing i could think of is maybe try doing a border in adobe lightroom. Im not even sure if you can but because its made for doing something to a lot of photos fast i think that would be the easiest way, other then that i dont know.

You can easily record actions to automate anything you do in photoshop, including making frames. Through the batch command, found in the file/automate menu, you can apply this action to a set of images in a folder, and automatically save them.

I frame all mine through an Action in Photoshop, do a google search & you can find some pre-made actions, or just record your own.

It is easier when you have alot of images to process. My 2 cents worth.

Cheers

Brad.

I dont know if I do it 'properly' but it seems to work for me.
I dont have photoshop handy so I'm sorry if things arent exactly as I say they are. But this is what I do.

Open a picture. go to actions (next to history). hit record.
Go to image > canvas size > pick your color > then change it to percent and make it anywhere from 101% to 120 %.
Save it where I want it. Hit stop.
Then to file (I believe) automate > batch > and do a batch with that action.

Hope this helps :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back