Digital Matt goes film

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been transitioning towards film lately, especially with the gift of an 8x10 view camera from a friend, and enrollment in a darkroom class for summer. With that, I've broken out my recently acquired Canon Eos 50 and fired off several rolls. I'm still waiting on a few rolls of velvia 100 and tri-x to be developed, but in the mean time, I shot some Kodak c41 B&W film, and here is a shot of my lovely fiancee' that I liked.

I bought her a matching Elan II and we are both having a great time.

black_white.jpg

I'll post more when I get time. I can't wait to break out the 8x10 view camera. I need a new tripod head to accomodate it :p

Thanks Jon and Wally.

Jon, the first shot was taken with a Canon 50mm f/1.8, a #25 red filter, and a circular polarizer. The latter was with a Sigma 50mm f/2.8 macro, with no filters.

Love the shots. There is just something about b&w film that makes it more appealing than digital b&w. Congrats on the 8x10 also.

Thanks photoboy and Xmetal.

The same guy that gave me the 8x10 view camera supposedly has a hassy he wants to give me. Getting him to actually do it is like pulling teeth though. I'll be shooting MF real soon, I'm sure :)

I remember you talking about getting into film, and you were awfully nervous. ;) I told you then that someone with your talent would be kickass with film, and I'm so pleased that you have proven me right. :mrgreen:

Seriously, that top image is a stunner. :thumbup: Excellent work!

I'm looking forward to seeing lots more! :D

terri said:
I remember you talking about getting into film, and you were awfully nervous. ;) I told you then that someone with your talent would be kickass with film, and I'm so pleased that you have proven me right. :mrgreen:

Seriously, that top image is a stunner. :thumbup: Excellent work!

I'm looking forward to seeing lots more! :D

I second Terri's reply !

That first shot is beautiful !

Aww, thanks Terri and Lumi :)

Now I'll be a lot happier when I'm doing the developing myself, which come summer, I will be.

Most reactions

Back