Digital MF - my first crush

I

Iron Flatline

I'm still doing a lot of research, and will be renting some good cameras with digital backs when I get to Los Angeles next month.

I keep eyeing the Sinar/Rollei/Leaf system because it's so strong here in Germany, and they really have some momentum right now.

Well, two days ago they introduced the first real digital view camera, if you will. It's targeted at architects, and I will probably never need anything like this, but I think it's cool:

Sinar arTec, with Ground Glass back with slider for rotating back, total tilts and shifts.

It was developed together with architecture photographer Rainer Viertlböck who gave his input for the necessary features for his ideal camera.

Some of the features of this new camera:

- Revolving Adapter
- Sliding Back for ground-glass composing
- Lenses 23mm to 135mm (Sinaron Digital)
- 5° Tilt/Swing, in all directions
- Shift V +25/-15mm
- Shift H +20/-20mm
- 360° turnable tripod mount
- 1.5 Kg

Availability shortly after Photokina 2008.

Not sure if Roll film Backs are an option on this thing.

Front:

index.php

Back, without Digital Back or Loupe over the Ground Glass:

index.php

Back, with Digital Back (that can rotate) and Loupe over Ground Glass:

index.php

Sliding Ground Glass across and the DB into place to make the exposure:

index.php

I WANT one of these, REALLY BADLY!

The camera's probably not that much, a few thousand at the most. The Digital Back is pretty expensive ($20,000+) and the lenses are also individually priced (probably around $2,000).

[Iron Flatline]
The camera's probably not that much, a few thousand at the most.
The Digital Back is pretty expensive ($20,000+) and the lenses are
also individually priced (probably around $2,000).[/quote]

...and it doesn't even have mirror lock-up... :wink:

Given what looks like a 6x6 image area, I don't see the advantage over the GX680, except maybe the glass.

The arTec's lack of a reflex housing means that the wide lenses don't have to have to be retrofocus to the same degree, if at all, as for the GX680. Apart from the optical quality of the lenses, this has advantages when using movements.

Best,
Helen

Good point. But this is like having permanent bag bellows, no? That is, no close focusing?

As can be seen in the photos the lenses are in focusing mounts, so it isn't like having permanent bag bellows.

Best,
Helen

Ah. Missed the helical mount. Thanks.

I read elsewhere that Rodenstock is co-developing a 23mm lens for this camera and others like it.

aww, I knew you would stumble across this one ;) :) And I knew somehow you would think it attractive :D

Quite a neat piece of camera ...

Most reactions

Back