Digital ND Filters?

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was checking out Adorama.com for ND filters and saw that they have digital versions and standard versions. Any idea what the difference is? It doesn't really give much detail as to why you'd need a digital version of an ND filter?

The only reason I even care is the one standard filter is on sale for 1/2 off and I loves me a sale!!!

Beats me...I'm still wondering about the 'digital tripod'. :lol:

LOL yeah really. I think "digital" has become a buzzword that companies just use to sound hip.

This was in the B+W description of their digital ND filter:

"The Digital Pro Series filters are designed for users of Digital Cameras and Camcorders. The new chromium-colored mounting goes along perfectly with the light, trendy colors of Digital Cameras."

... wtf??? :er:

It reminds me of the titanium craze. I remember seeing laundry detergent with a titanium additive.

Beats me...I'm still wondering about the 'digital tripod'. :lol:

Believe it or not, my local photography store has one for about $400.00. It has a motorized head with a wired remote control. Much like you would find on a top quality telescope. It is for a camera or small camcorder. :lmao:

It reminds me of the titanium craze. I remember seeing laundry detergent with a titanium additive.
What? What is titanium doing in detergent?

What? What is titanium doing in detergent?

Obviously nothing. In the late 90's everybody was nuts about titanium. People tried to include titanium in everything. It was marketing gone nuts. Titanium is good for many things but certainly not everything. Glad that fad passed. The low-carb craze also finally passed. I won't miss that.

Most reactions

Back