Digital Options

morydd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.morydd.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to get a digital camera, and I'm looking at my options.
Right now photography is just a hobby, so I don't need "professional gear" but I do want a good camera. I've got about $1200.

Here are my thoughts.

10D:
Can buy used with the intent of replacing it in a year or two, and use the rest to buy accessories (lens, flash... stuff that will carry over to the next body)

20D:
This would get me the extra resolution, but would limit the accessories more. I would probably not replace this for 3 or more years.

30D:
I'd pretty much be limited to body, batteries and memory, but I'd have all the fun stuff in the camera.

I've already got canon glass, and i like the way they fit in my hand, so I'm sticking with canon.

Thoughts?

are you interested in buying any lenses? which ones do you have? glass usually comes first, so if you dont have any glass then I would skip on the 30d option. heck, even if you did skip on glass i might suggest dropping the 30d from the list just to save money to get MORE glass :crazy:

drop the 10d. there's honestly no reason to buy one now, especially since they only accept EF lenses. if you want to save money look into a 350d/400d.

the 20d gets my vote. alot better than the 10d, only a little inferior to the 30d (image quality, autofocus, metering, body strength, and fps is the same - all the major stuff) , and you can get it for under $900 pretty easily.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back