digital pics with date in corners

wudwurks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently was on vacation and using a digital camera taking a lot of photos and noticed when i downloaded them to my computer the date taken is in the corners and i have some really good ones i would like to have enlarged... My question is....Is there a way the date can be taken off these when printed...was very frustrated to see some really good pics when the date across the fronts......I know i am new to the digital thing and sure you can cut this feature off on camera,,but hate to see these even still with dates...any help on this removable is appreciated.

Thanks Russell

Well, if you have some sort of software, such as photoshop, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Another option is croping it out.

I think you may need to read your camera manual and I bet there is something that will turn the date off and then re-download. If you don't have the book anymore, you could probably search it on the manufacturer's website.

If your software is adding the date, I guess you would be able to turn it off there.

Hope that helps.

I can't imagine how re-downloading will do anything. The date is saved into the original file. For now all you can do is crop it or photoshop it. Then find that silly little option in your menu system and turn it off!

The bandaid button in photoshop works nicely as it makes a pretty good attempt to blend in the colors after the fact.

I can't imagine how re-downloading will do anything. The date is saved into the original file.
There are two types of date stamp in p&s cameras. Some cameras (like Kodak for example) embed the date right into the photo permanently during it's processing and saving into the card, and there is no way of removing them... well, apart from cloning them out of course. The second type (used by Panasonic) is when the date isn't visible on the photos while they are still in the camera. They are embeded (or not if you wish) to a photo from EXIF when downloading photos to a PC with the manufacturers software.

It seems to me wudwurks is having problems with the first type. Sorry mate, cloning or cropping is the only way here...

Yeah once the date is physically burned into the image JPEG you're toast and just have to crop or photoshop it out. The camera doesn't hold on to the raw data it makes the JPEG with. EXIF encoding of all of the shot parameters right into the JPEG data file nowadays has pretty much replaced this.

thanks for the replies....alot i went through and may be fine to crop out but a few are takin close and the date right inside the pic.........i'll upload a couple and show you all what it is like and then suggestions from there...i also noticed i must have missed the option to have my photo's to edit....will fix that also,,,thanks again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back