Digital SLR

maxbennett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i'm new here, so please don't get annoyed if i put this thread in the wrong section or what not.

i'm looking for a new digital-slr, and i'm also looking for some help. i've heard a lot of good things about nikon, especially the D70. i read an article about the D70 vs. the D100, and it scratched the D100 out of my picture. i've tried to do as much research as i could, but once the D70 got put into my mind, i can't get it out.

i'm willing to look into other companies, but i must admit that (from what i've seen) nikon has a very good selection of lens', and a lot of them are lens' that i am facinated with. such as their fisheye lens (which is a must-have for me, because i'll be shooting a lot of skateboarding), and their macro lens' are great too.

another thing: i currently own an olympus OM1 (a film slr), and someone told me that i should look into getting an olympus because then i could use the lens' on both of them, but i don't know if that's completely accurate. if i were to get an olympus digital slr (i don't even know if olympus makes digi-slr's), would i be able to share lens' with the two cameras?

any suggestions? a different nikon? a different company? is the D70 a good choice? i'm willing to pay as much as the D70, and maybe even a few hundred more. any help would be highly appreciated.

No problem, I'll move this over to the advice/review section!

I may be wrong.. but without checking it out, Olympus only has the 4:3 DSLR's on the market. So your current lenses would not work.

Get the D70, it's a great camera and apart from the housing not being as solid as the the D100 it's far superior to it in every other respect.
BTW, the D70 housing is more than sturdy enough for the job.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Most reactions

Back