digital to film

televators

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i just broke my third digital camera, sooo, goodbye digital camera life. my friend will let me borrow one of their crappy film cameras for fun, and so i can get used to it.

tell me, how hard do you think the transition from digital to film be? and how worth it?

televators said:
my friend will let me borrow one of their crappy film cameras for fun, and so i can get used to it.

tell me, how hard do you think the transition from digital to film be? and how worth it?

Ack! Pfft! Icck! Zzzt! Ugh....5...4...3...2...1... Breeaatthhhhhhh..............

Ummm yeah, film's OK :wink: Digital seems to teach faster with the instant feedback but film has it's place. There's nothing you can achieve with a digital camera that can't with film when it comes to color or B&W film. It all starts in your head anyway, the medium is just the final result.

If you were using your digital in mostly manual mode you'll have no problem apart from the lack of instant feedback as Photogoddess mentioned.
There will however be two surprises coming your way, the first will be how quickly 24 pics are used and the second is financial when you have to pay for the developing and printing!
Have fun!

mrsid99 said:
If you were using your digital in mostly manual mode you'll have no problem apart from the lack of instant feedback as Photogoddess mentioned.
There will however be two surprises coming your way, the first will be how quickly 24 pics are used and the second is financial when you have to pay for the developing and printing!
Have fun!

gee, thanks. hahahha.

Without the instant feedback of digital you may want to bracket your shots to make sure you get the proper exposure. I shot film until until 3 years ago and in some senses I miss the mystery of going to the store and getting my prints :)

Take a small notepad and jot down all the relevant info for that roll of film.......then when your prints or slides come back......compare the notes to the pics.......it will speed up your learning

That must be a good friend. If someone told me they broke three cameras...the last thing I would do...is lend them my camera.

;)

televators said:
i just broke my third digital camera, sooo, goodbye digital camera life. my friend will let me borrow one of their crappy film cameras for fun, and so i can get used to it.

What will you do when your film camera breaks? :D

.... get a brush?? :wink:

danalec99 said:
televators said:

What will you do when your film camera breaks? :D

.... get a brush?? :wink:

That definitely made me laugh out loud here at work! :D

AlisonS said:
Without the instant feedback of digital you may want to bracket your shots to make sure you get the proper exposure. I shot film until until 3 years ago and in some senses I miss the mystery of going to the store and getting my prints :)

That is one of the best parts of using film! Of course, the artistic reason is the best one :D

That definitely made me laugh out loud here at work!

Using company internet for personal use?! Call the H.R. Police!!!! :twisted:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back