Digital Video

ltw198734

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been recently looking for a good quality low priced digital video camera... My friends and I often make movies and i was looking for a digital camefra so it would be alot easier to edit.. so if anyone has or knows of a good digital camera and mabye some editing software it would be awsome. Thanks.

-Lucas[/list][/code][/quote]

I'm using a Sony over here and it's a great camera with a good lens. I've heard the Canon's are not bad either.

When it comes to editing, I prefer to do it on a Mac - it works totally convenient, stable and fast. Plug the cam in and go... Apple's iMovie is a great application (and free!) for it's ease of use and the results can be outstanding.

For professional editing I have been using Apple's FinalCutPro - the learning curve is very high and it's a bit pricey :scratch:

I agree with Doxx. I love my Sony Digital. The advantage of Sony is that they (mine, anyway) take any 8mm tape. If you can't find digital 8mm tapes, you can just use Hi8's. I get acceptible results with both digital and regular tapes, and clips from both can be uploaded to the computer.

Most reactions

Back