Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a dilemma:

Which one is better:

Canon 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 II USM

or

Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-4 Aspherical

Price is almost he same (250 vs 230 euros).

What would you recommend?

Which one is: -faster -sharper -nicer colors ?

Thank you,.

(this is my first dslr, and my first lens, and the top I can afford right now. I will buy EOS 400D. So I am considering only these two lenses, no other is in question right now).

I had the CANON 28-105 for awhile, and really...really...really liked it. I wish I hadn't sold it.

Can't speak for the Sigma, but I am a Sigma user, and that particular Sigma seems to have decent reviews.

Tnx. I'll probably go for Canon.

I'd sure like to hear from somebody who has used the Sigma.

However, if you go with the Canon, you won't be disappointed. A LOT of people like that lens. It's GREAT for the value.

Well, this Canon lens is 250 euro, and that is top I can pay (because I am buying camera 400D and few other accessories). So I have no "range" in price, 250 for lens is my end of budget. I cant even pay 260. lol.

Have you considered used? You might get more for your money.

There are some older zooms out there that fall into the same price range used with optics that are most likely nicer than the two considered. Keep in mind some might be built around an older designed motor so the AF might be slower and not as quiet. Also make sure a return policy is also available until you can confirm compatibility with the 400D.

My first EOS lens was a Tamron 35-105 f2.8 Aspherical. WONDERFUL lens with good image quality. Not to mention a nice f/2.8 aperture throughout the focal range. It does focus slower than newer lenses and has a noisy motor. At the time of purchase, it was well beyond the obsolete status but still a good find. I still use it today on the rare occasion I need a zoom for dimlit rooms and don't feel like packing primes. I purchased it for $128 and it was stickered at closer to $500 new. The shop even threw in a matched Tamron 2x teleconverter into the deal. This is just one example of good finds that you might find if you look hard enough.

Most reactions

Back