Diner

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to Union Station in KC last week to shoot. I've been practicing HDR a lot and this was the perfect place to give it a go. I love love this shot, I am actually thinking about printing it.

Diner.jpg

Its very yellow. I like the shot, but the hue is too much for my tastes. Good location choice though, the HDR works well for it.

I agree that it looks way too yellow. Made a quick color shift that I believe skews it back closer to reality without losing the over warm tones of the image.

Diner.jpg

I agree that it looks way too yellow. Made a quick color shift that I believe skews it back closer to reality without losing the over warm tones of the image.

Diner.jpg

Ooh I like this edit! It does look much better with the yellow toned down a bit. Thank you!

I really like this one. It would be a fun one to play with until its right....... But there are so many rights!

Steve's edit does help. I think the real culprit was your white balance. For HDR's it helps to shoot in RAW so you can change the white balance post shooting. The HDR process takes colors that are present and really highlights them, so if it's a color you don't want you're stuck with trying to balance it out or just desaturating if it's a JPEG.

What about this? It kind of seems boring next to the other more dramatic versions.

Diner2.jpg

I normally HATE the cartoony looking HDR's, but this one works!

Your words
What about this? It kind of seems boring next to the other more dramatic versions.
And I agree.
How about posting your middle shot so we can see where we are starting from?

White Balance is off I believe. And it's way overdone. Buuuuut.....looking at your avatar your a 7 (movie reference).....so:

Awesome!

Your words
And I agree.
How about posting your middle shot so we can see where we are starting from?

I am work now, I will post the originals tonight.

White Balance is off I believe. And it's way overdone. Buuuuut.....looking at your avatar your a 7 (movie reference).....so:

Awesome!

I don't get it, but thanks I guess. :confused:

Most reactions

Back