"Dinero Alredador Del Mundo"

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this was photo #10 of the black and white contest.(I didn't win obviously)

It took a while to set this photo up... it was the first time I've ever actually tried to set up lighting the way I want.
Tell me what you think about the lighting and set-up of everything in the photo. I know it wasn't as creative as Whitney's, but I would still like to know what you think about the lighting etc...

photo10%20-%20Dinero%20Alrededor%20del%20Mundo.jpg

Pssst, Chris, listen: It is "alrededor"... the rest is ok.
And I also like the photo!
My photo did not win, either, mind. And you can't win twice in a row when my photos never even get one vote! That wouldn't be fair.
Sorry, no real critique here - I'm too little an expert to really critique any photos. All I can tell is that they look light enough even on my crappy monitor here at home and the texture of the coarse wooden table top is also nice!
Only does this not look like dinero!!!

I like the photo a lot compositionally. Also has nice tones but I think there is a tad too much contrast, but maybe it's just my monitor.

I like it, the tones are nice, the grain in the wood is great and I think it's an interesting concept. I'm not sure about the border though, it would be nice to see it with just a black frame as well.

LaFoto said:
Pssst, Chris, listen: It is "alrededor"... the rest is ok.
And I also like the photo!
oops... didn't see that. I know how to spell it.... I promise! It was a typo. lol

Only does this not look like dinero!!!
It is money, The sand dollars aren't real money but they are called sand dollars.
The money is from down in South America, hence the name.:)

I like it, the tones are nice, the grain in the wood is great and I think it's an interesting concept. I'm not sure about the border though, it would be nice to see it with just a black frame as well.
Yeah.... at the time I made it I was on a "frame high" I just figured out how to make the frames super easy.... so... you know how that goes...:lol:

This is an excellent shot LM. I was actually torn between this and the coin shot while voting!

The print inside the photo is this:
07115913print.jpg

I was just going to post that but it seemed a little boring... So I put it in my "picture" and shot it again.:D

Great shot LittleMan!! I really like the picture being in the picture with the subject. The lighting is superb, the texture on the floor screams out like you could feel it through your screen. The crop couldn't have been better. Great work and idea! :D

I definitely like the tighter composition. you can see the detail in the shells alot more clearly. The wider shot just had too much going on. My eye didn't know where to go. Great BW shot....

Most reactions

Back