Dinosaurs, Motorcycle, Airplane, Parachutes,3D Glasses, Deserts and Bowling

I like the shots, but by the time I got to #4 I thought "this guy only has one lighting style - at least on the close-up shots". #6 confirmed that thought.

The bowling shot is great, but I'd like to see more variety.

"this guy only has one lighting style

Fair enough, but this is only his first post. and also, it's good to see someone who specializes, what's wrong with perfecting a technique/style? that takes devotion and time, that's what makes an expert, devotion to a dicipline. van gough may not have been a renound cubist, but he was a damn fine impressionist.

Fair enough, but this is only his first post. and also, it's good to see someone who specializes, what's wrong with perfecting a technique/style? that takes devotion and time, that's what makes an expert, devotion to a dicipline. van gough may not have been a renound cubist, but he was a damn fine impressionist.
I'm sure there are plenty of photographers who make a fine living working with a single style that sells. So far, photography hasn't [FONT=&quot][/FONT]made me a dime, so who am I to talk.

I like the shots, but by the time I got to #4 I thought "this guy only has one lighting style - at least on the close-up shots". #6 confirmed that thought.

Yeah can see that! i have been trying to get the rim and rear lighting thing down. Lately i have been thinking about my key light a lot more, but I am always the most happy with the 3d look that can come from rim lights ya know?

I'm sure i'll grow out of it. but impossibly unnatural lighting is fun

Rian

I'm sure there are plenty of photographers who make a fine living working with a single style that sells. So far, photography hasn't made me a dime, so who am I to talk.

haha! i hear ya! im a generalist too, and lacking a distinct style hasn't helped my make it big either!

Maybe the technique is well-known, but the creativity is something personal, not something you learn. This images are well done, I like them all.

Some are funny, like the second one; some are more emotional like 5.

Congratulations !!!

thanks valDR! I'm really proud of what I do and i see a lot of people try to get the look using techniques like HDR or plugins, but nothing beats good lighting rig! :)

I am astonished by the lack of positivity in this thread. My post count is, apparently, too low to get the "TPF is full, scare away all new members" memos. I can't imagine the OP's creativity is so incredibly suspect as to warrant completely disregarding his obviously quality work.

These photos are great Rian. Keep it up! I imagine Ansel Adams would have found it difficult to impress some of the folks around here.
I agree 100000%

Most reactions

Back